TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Elderdude

Default Black pipe elbow joining kitchen and bathroom sink drains

I purchased a used 2005 Trailor Manor a while back and have been too busy to spend much time with it. It has been sitting in our back yard since we moved it from the delivery spot on our drive way. When we opened it up, we found a black elbow pipe had been removed from the drain piping between the kitchen and bathroom sink. We found a piece of black elbow pipe that would fit stored elsewhere in the trailer. This piece looks as though it had never had glue on it. Does any one know why this piece would have been removed? I visited a RV broker sale last weekend and the sales person was kind enough to show me a 2008 model that had the same elbow firmly glued in the model. It looks like all I have to do is get some PVC glue and do the job myself.
Elderdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #2
camp2canoe

Perhaps a misguided soul removed it for winterizing? Or a woman washing dishes lost a stone from her ring and was trying to recover it? Or maybe it wasn't fastened as well as could be and succumbed to road vibration? Or (my favorite) a small grandchild tried to hang from it? In any event, glue it well and you'll never need to worry about it again! - Camp2Canoe
Old 07-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
BobRederick

dude

My black pipe to the sinks both came loose this summer and leaked. They are held in place by a big screw on fitting. I only had to tighten the fitting and it clamps down on the black pipe. It looks like a big nut that slips over the pipe. Hope this helps and yours are like that. Seems you would have found the nuts for it, though. Look to see if the part on the sink has threads around it and if so, you can maybe find the nuts at Home Depot or a plumbing store. My kitchen plumbing is like that at the garbage disposer.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Some of these fittings are glued and some are screwed, and I don't know why. It probably has to do with the assembly sequence at the factory. But all of them are standard issue plumbing fixtures, as from Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc.

If yours looks like a glue-on, then yes, PVC pipe cement from the hardware store will take care of it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #5
Elderdude

Thanks to all who replied. Perhaps the original piece may have been one of the screw ons, and the second owners, (we are the third owners,) had purchased this elbow after some mishap. The elbow we found was of a duller color than the shiny black pipe of the rest of the drain. But I think just a little dab will of glue should put us in business drain wise. I wonder what other things we will discover as we get ready to give it a trial run.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
Elderdude

Red face

One year later and we finally took our first trip with the trailer. The pipe elbow that had come loose was part of the venting system. I glued it back on using ABS cement and everything worked fine.