TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #11
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Arky - The cabinet was a $195 option. Came with the brackets for mounting, so I only had to position the brackets where I wanted, drill 4 holes per bracket in the wall, and screw the brackets to the wall. I left about 4" above the cabinet so we can put small items on top while camping.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #12
Septemberdude

Default 2417 storage space

We are anxiously awaiting delivery of our first TM - a new 2417KS. From you posts, I see that you have both a hanging wall cabinet and a 3-drawer chest on the floor in your new 2417KD. Is there room to store both of these cabinets - and the chair - when the TM is folded down? Our dealer wasn't too sure. Thanks.

Septemberdude.
Keene, NH
Old 04-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #13
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I have the KD, and I put the cabinet and chest between the benches. No problem. But, I plan to only use a camp chair if I need more seating, and not carry a lounge chair at all.

With your KS, there may be room to put the chest against one wall, and the cabinet against the other, then put the chair between them. It would also be in front of the fridge, and be on both levels.

If my TM was not under 3" of snow, I would open it and look, and guesstimate where the sofa would be. We looked at one, so I have an idea how much room there should be in front of it. But, 6" last night, and it has not all melted, yet.

If you got a small chair (not a full-size Laz-E-Boy), it will likely fit.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #14
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I like your idea with the bed mattress.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #15
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

"I like your idea with the bed mattress. " So does the DW. Makes for happier camping!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 PM   #16
ArkyDoodle

We just ordered a 2417KS SS (King Slide - Silvertrail Sport with the couch) and included the same hanging cabinet (to the right of the "kitchen" window). We also are having TM build a 36" wide floor cabinet (where you've got the three drawer chest)....and they threw in the chair (don't know if we'll ever even use it but the price was right!)....
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

One has got to love working with TM! They are willing and able to do just about any modification we are willing to pay for. Can't ask for more than that!

I wish we had known about the Silver Trail when we ordered our new one. Would have gone that route, instead of the white model!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #18
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

That looks so nice, and it sounds like your so excited to get out. Happy camping and may you always have sunny days and a tail wind when traveling.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #19
gerrym51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemberdude View Post
We are anxiously awaiting delivery of our first TM - a new 2417KS. From you posts, I see that you have both a hanging wall cabinet and a 3-drawer chest on the floor in your new 2417KD. Is there room to store both of these cabinets - and the chair - when the TM is folded down? Our dealer wasn't too sure. Thanks.

Septemberdude.
Keene, NH

septemberdude, i see you are in NH. did you order from MCD
Old 04-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #20
moaboy

My brother in law made me a nice cabinet for over the stove and I bought a set of brackets from TM to mount it as I could not find anything that worked as well in hardware stores. Can't remember what they cost but while they weren't cheap, they were not overly expensive.