TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-29-2015, 04:58 PM   #21
stormpeakco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailManorMan View Post
Here we go again..........
X2.
As Bill has suggested, the pros (w/dinero to ante) should contact the owners directly.
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #22
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If TM should cease production, how will we, the current owners, deal with it?
Thanks for understanding.
I can only speak for myself, as to how I would deal with it. Ours is a 2003 model in fair condition, but obviously weathered on the outside, and with some hail dents as well. But in reasonable condition otherwise, and most everything inside and out is functional.

And my wife and I are around 58 years old and have no grand plans for long tours of the country using this camper. Just more weekend getaways and maybe some longer trips when I retire within a year or so.

So we would be not taking a major loss if the unit becomes unusable for us due to age or repairs. We would junk it and buy something else if we still needed it. There is always a steady market in our area for older RVs to become semi-permanent "hunt/fish" camp lodging.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #23
Wingedryder

I won't prejudice the discussion either, I wish Bob & Cleo the absolute best and hope their efforts to move the factory to Nebraska are well rewarded. However, as a TM owner who has experienced many difficulties and quality control issues with a reasonably new unit, and doesn't appear to be getting much in the way of prompt communication from the dealer, I'm wondering if they do tank, just where that leaves us with this investment.
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:00 PM   #24
moaboy

I would suggest some folks are jumping to conclusions and concerns that may not be warranted for two basic reasons:
1. While we don't know the actual financial situation of the current TM owners, assuming a problematic situation, still leaves them a number of opportunities and resources to obtain additional funding.
2. Even in a worst-case scenario the TM owners hold a number of patents and other assets that may make the company desirable to other investors or RV manufacturers. While not ideal in any case, companies like this do change hands and the transition from the original owners becomes a two step instead of a one step process as the company evolves and hopefully grows.

Yes, call me optimistic, but I think the TM concept is sound and this will work out one way or another. Cheers!
Old 07-31-2015, 01:00 AM   #25
rmHaar

Im just watching hoping to get a deal on an upgrade from a nervous nellie.
rmHaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:19 AM   #26
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
Yes, call me optimistic, but I think the TM concept is sound and this will work out one way or another. Cheers!
I tend to agree with this. They have been around for what, 30 or 40 years? With a steady segment within the RV market. I would say comparable in sales to that of pop-up tent trailers.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #27
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Been any update ? I did write the owners offering help but never got a reply.

ps I did look once but think that other than the swing hitch the patents have expired.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #28
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
I can only speak for myself, as to how I would deal with it. Ours is a 2003 model in fair condition, but obviously weathered on the outside, and with some hail dents as well. But in reasonable condition otherwise, and most everything inside and out is functional.

And my wife and I are around 58 years old and have no grand plans for long tours of the country using this camper. Just more weekend getaways and maybe some longer trips when I retire within a year or so.

So we would be not taking a major loss if the unit becomes unusable for us due to age or repairs. We would junk it and buy something else if we still needed it. There is always a steady market in our area for older RVs to become semi-permanent "hunt/fish" camp lodging.
+2 just about the same thoughts here. We have been thinking in 10 years to get a new camper.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #29
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Well, there has not been any useful news this month. Does anyone know what is happening ? Have gotten no reply to direct emails.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:01 PM   #30
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I did call the factory a week or so ago and ordered parts and received them.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote