TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #11
Robert's TM

Wonder if they could sell stock... Or crowd funding?????
Old 07-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #12
jswinner

Default Chalet Inc. came back from worse

This should sound a bit familiar: http://rv-pro.com/news/new-owners-lo...-back-on-track
They are now back in production of the A-Frame line.
jswinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #13
oldstick
TrailManor Master

I apologize also if I stepped over the line. I hope they continue as well.

But my opinion is that actual TM owning customers providing honest and constructive feedback to the company on issues they believe could have hurt sales/profits over the years is not necessarily the same as being an armchair quarterback.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #14
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I would like to inform all of you that our body shop has been in contact with both the TM factory and Custom RV in Ontario, CA. They have been very helpful with the process of giving information about repairs and parts.

For those of you who don't follow the board regularly, we had an incident coming back from Yosemite about 2 months ago. A car traveling towards us on Highway 129 (2 lane highway in CA) had a wheel come off and hurled into our path.

So the TM factory is still there, answering the phones, and selling parts. I have the feeling that they will do their best to keep everything alive and happening.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #15
YNPKing

B and D is right. Last week, I contacted the factory about the white neoprene guides/slides under the bed. I planned to pick them up on the way back to FL and they mentioned they can install them.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #16
thecrosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by YNPKing View Post
B and D is right. Last week, I contacted the factory about the white neoprene guides/slides under the bed. I planned to pick them up on the way back to FL and they mentioned they can install them.
Good to hear, while we ended up cancelling our camper order ( ordered last Oct ), We still hope TM survives. Looking for alternatives we haven't been able to find anything with all the options we liked with the TM. Maybe down the line things will work out and we can re-visit a future order.
thecrosses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:25 PM   #17
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm pleased at the response to my earlier posting. I knew that collectively, we were "the good guys"!

Padgett, Robert's TM, OldStick, and others. The urge to help, and to offer constructive advice, is laudable. But this is the wrong place to do it. It would seem quite certain that in the middle of whatever events are going on, management at TM is not reading this forum. And most likely, the engineers, who are the ones who do occasionally read it, are not either.

If you have some good ideas, please send them directly to [email protected] or [email protected]. It is certain that they will be seen there, and if they have merit, they will be well received. If posted here, they simply drift off into cyberspace, and do no one any good. Put yourself in their position. Given the current situation, would you be off surfing a discussion forum conducted by people who are not acquainted with the problems? Probably not.

We all wish the best to the TM company, and we are all concerned about the possibility of our trailers being orphaned. Perhaps this latter topic is more appropriate to this forum. If TM should cease production, how will we, the current owners, deal with it? How have owners of other orphaned brands dealt with it? Anyone have any experience or knowledge? Some constructive suggestions in that direction would be more than welcome here.

Thanks for understanding.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:30 PM   #18
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Well in the case of the Vixen, the Vixen Owner's Association formed a not-for-profit to acquire the documentation/jigs/and inventory to keep parts available. Something similar happened to the DeLorean except it was private. In both cases liquidation was necessary.

But neither had the ability to continue manufacture. Vixen did make the mistake in moving everything to Montana & far from suppliers and eventually that also has collapsed but sold my Vixen & bought a TM so not following closely.

The TM is different. However without going into detail unless asked I believe that the basic idea is sound and has a market but needs restucturing and focus.

Further Apple has a sales model that is very different from Microsoft and TM could benefit from a similar model.

But that is future. Right now the issue is financial, we do not have any insight into what it is or the magnitude. Without that we are back to guessing.

ps suspect you would be surprised who reads the forum.

pps have seen little evidence of engineering lately and goes hand in hand with a lack of QA (in something this size should be 1 or 2 people doing engineering, QA, and R&D - takes the same skill set).
Old 07-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #19
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Well in the case of the Vixen, the Vixen Owner's Association formed a not-for-profit to acquire the documentation/jigs/and inventory to keep parts available. Something similar happened to the DeLorean except it was private. In both cases liquidation was necessary.

But neither had the ability to continue manufacture. Vixen did make the mistake in moving everything to Montana & far from suppliers and eventually that also has collapsed but sold my Vixen & bought a TM so not following closely.

The TM is different. However without going into detail unless asked I believe that the basic idea is sound and has a market but needs restucturing and focus.

Further Apple has a sales model that is very different from Microsoft and TM could benefit from a similar

But that is future. Right now the issue is financial, we do not have any insight into what it is or the magnitude. Without that we are back to guessing.

ps suspect you would be surprised who reads the forum.

pps have seen little evidence of engineering lately and goes hand in hand with a lack of QA (in something this size should be 1 or 2 people doing engineering, QA, and R&D - takes the same skill set).
Here we go again..........

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 04:45 PM   #20
Padgett
TrailManor Master

No, was responding to this: "How have owners of other orphaned brands dealt with it? Anyone have any experience or knowledge? Some constructive suggestions in that direction would be more than welcome here."

Have a lot of experience with orphans. (Just click on my .sig)