TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-18-2004, 06:33 PM   #1
allewisco

Unhappy Repairing hail damage

I think this is the first time that I've posted here, but I've been lurking for over a year now. There have been so many useful topics that I can't thank everyone enough for all the help. That being said, we got one of our wonderful Colorado hail storms last Tuesday and my 2001 3023 got nailed. All three roof vents were broken and the roof itself is covered with dents. The insurance adjustor looked at it Friday, but I haven't heard from him yet. I called and talked to somebody in the service department at The Car Show (Trailmanor dealer in Colorado Springs) and he said that the roof can't be overlaid and it would need to be replaced. Does anyone have any experiences with repairing hail damage?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
CastleRockCamper

Hello, I certainly agree that Colorado has had its share of hail storms this year. I got caught in that storm on my motorcycle. Not pleasant. .

Have you already taken a look at thread below?

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...highlight=hail

CastleRockCamper
Old 08-27-2004, 03:48 PM   #3
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

I saw your unit at the dealership in COS earlier this week. Ugh! Must have been a heck of a hailstorm to make dents that big and that deep, and to break all the plastic parts on the top.

I think it was a wise choice to let them fix it with whatever replacement parts are necessary.

Wayne
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
Bruce

Wink

Our TM sustained hail damage during the 2000 Jubilee in Rapid City, SD.
I had full coverage at the time and received a nice check from the insurance company. I never had the little dents in the roof repaired or had the roof replaced. The damage is strictly cosmetic and you can't see it when the trailer is opened up.
Of course I'll take a hit on the price if I ever sell it but that's fine by me.

Bruce