TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Pat Sullivan

Default Who owns Trail Manor these days?

OK, so Robert from Rose City RV (independent repair) in Portland Oregon worked with Ed from TrailManor. We were told that there were multiple areas where the sealant used at the seams was loose and popped out. TrailManor is picking up the tab for the repair.

We also got an email from Cleo (who introduced himself as a new owner of TrailManor) who seemed very interested in facilitating correction on this and other issues we've had. If we were close to the factory we'd have brought it directly to them.

We'll keep the faith that this rig is fixed. We appreciate the courteous and customer service attitude both Ed and Cleo related in working with us and Robert from Rose City RV.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

So does this mean that Bill Hulsey does not own the company anymore??? Are the rest of the Hulsey family still working at the factory? Has anyone else heard about this new ownership change????
Old 01-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
brulaz

Somebody reported elsewhere on this board that a big California (?) Trailmanor dealer bought into Trailmanor. Not sure if they took it over completely or what ...
Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm getting more and more confused about Rose City RV. Pat Sullivan (above) says it is an independent repair place in Oregon. And it shows up on a Google search, but as a company with only 1 employee and no web site - unlikely to have bought even a part of TM. Brulaz thinks it is a TM dealer in California. But Rose City RV's the web site says Michigan, and they don't have any TMs, new or used. Anyone got any more detail?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Bill, I think you misunderstood, he did not say that Rose City RV bought into TM -- only that they were working with TM to do the repairs.

Tim
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
Bluegrass

Also a possible confusion about Custom RV, the only dealer in California, which assumed responsibility for managing dealers in the western region for TM. IIRC, Matt from Custom RV said there was a new president who was not part of the Hulsey family but that Hulseys are still working in the company. I don't think there is any change in ownership. Just that the younger Hulseys recognized that their talents were better in engineering & manufacturing than running the firm. A smart move, IMHO.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

My apologies, B&T, I did misunderstand.

Bluegrass, that makes a bit more sense. As the company grows (and it is growing, unlike most of the rest of the industry), introduction of a professional management executive might be seen internally as a good move. Wonder why they didn't ask me (cough! choke! hack!)

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
My apologies, B&T, I did misunderstand.

Bluegrass, that makes a bit more sense. As the company grows (and it is growing, unlike most of the rest of the industry), introduction of a professional management executive might be seen internally as a good move. Wonder why they didn't ask me (cough! choke! hack!)

Bill
Bill,

Just curious where you get the info that TM "is growing, unlike most of the rest of the industry".

The reports that I have seen on this forum seem to indicate that they are downsizing and delivering far less product than in past years.

It's not a big deal but it would be nice to know that TM is growing and not downsizing.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
wmtire

Bill, you need to be the R & D guy, especially will all the road testing you do traveling between west and east each year.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #10
Wavery
TrailManor Master

I wonder if they employ companies that offer "quality control experts" to different companies like this. I would think that it would be a tremendous asset to have a fresh pair of eyes look at your quality control on a regular basis instead of having customers do that task for you.

The person wouldn't have to be part of the "RV industry or "Motorcycle" or "Toy" industry. Quality contro experts are a group of professionals that have manufacturing, engineering, design or construction background and work in a wide variety of industries. They come in, perform inspections of products during and after assembly then produce a written report.

There are quite a few members here that could qualify. Several have commented on bent gas pipes, mis-routed wiring, fit & finish and caulking issues. It isn't rocket science. The problem is commonly the monotony of the job and seeing the same product over and over. I think fresh eyes on a monthly basis by different people would be a big asset to TM and the RV Industry as a whole.

A regular company employed quality control person loses perspective after awhile. I think that job should be outsourced.