TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Maxine_51334

Default New TM - need to know EVERYTHING!

We just bought our TM today ! Have never had a camper before so this will be fun ! I need to know EVERYTHING also
Any and all help would be great
Maxine_51334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Maxine -

Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you with us. The first thing you will want to do is become a Sponsor of the group, so that you do not lose access to the heart of everything you have seen so far. To see how to become a Sponsor, go to the entry page to the forum at www.trailmanorowners.com, and click the link for "Sponsorship". Why do we have a Sponsor fee? As you see, there is no advertising on this site, a principle adopted by Chris, the founder and owner of the board right at the start. We are easy to read, and we are beholden to no one. The Sponsor fees pay the cost of running the board.

Hope to see you with us shortly!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
ng2951

As someone who HAD a TM until very recently, I will also advise that you become a sponsor. As a trial member you are only scratching the surface of this board and you would be hard pressed to find all the data in one place like this.

BTW, you have not told which TM you bought, your experience, and how you plan to use your TM.

Just for starters though I do recommend driveway camping for your first camping trip. It helps you learn just what you are going to need for sure, before getting to far from home. Its not to different than being in that parking orbit before heading to the moon.

Tell us more and congrats...& Merry Christmas...
Old 12-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
Maxine_51334

We bought a 2007 2720 SL. We willget to pick it up the end of March.
We will use it for weekend camping first I am sure. Until we get things figured out. Still have alot of questions.
I have paid the $12 and joined, so am looking fotrward to learning ! Thanks to all.
Merry Christmas everyone
Old 12-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
Scott O

Welcome Maxine, and congrats on your new purchase. A couple of suggestions...Learn to use the search function. Most everything has been discussed many times in the past and there is a wealth of info in the archives. Ask us specific questions. It is easier to respond to something specific rather that something like 'I need to know everything'. You will find there are many people on this forum who went through what you are going through, and will be more than willing to help.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #6
Maxine_51334

We spent most of Sunday going through the boards. Learned a few things. Enough information here to make your head spin ! I can see everyone is here to help. Thanks to everyone. I am sure we will have questions down the road.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
ng2951

Another thing that will help is whether you will do, or how much, dry camping. The pardette and I do a lot of dry camping and we do like to have the air conditioning running when it gets warm.

If you are staying mostly at RV parks, then power, water, waste are usually not a problem.

We also stay at Camp Wally World when we are transiting to the next match or visiting the kids. Saves money, which we promptly spent at WW, but they are usually conveniently located...
Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
MariaG

Welcome! You say this is your first camper, have you been tent camping up until now? Or are you a complete newbie to camping? Another good suggestion is to put your TM and tow vehicle info in your signature. That way it's available when a model specific question is asked and you don't have to keep typing it in over and over. We love our TM, I'm sure you're going to love yours too!
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #9
Maxine_51334

This is our first camper.I camped once as a child. Don't remember much about it. My husband tent camped at Sturgis but that is the extent of our camping.
What are some things we need to start buying ? What are the best and most comfortable outside chairs ? Do we really need a rug ?
Thanks.
I am sure we will have a blast once we get going

Oh yea. We just bought a 2003 Ford F150 for a TV
Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
rumbleweed

I am sure you will get lots of suggestions. I will start the list.

small ceramic heater ( if you plan to camp in cool weather at electric sites)
Spare line ( you can never have too much line 1/4 or 3/8 is fine)
Inexpensive plastic table cloth set with seat covers ( picnic tables at sites tend to stay wet a long time after a rain)
Clip on flood light you can use outside when you need extra light
Large trash bags ( never have enough of these)
Tube of caulk to handle emergency leaks
collapsible chairs comfortable but not too heavy.
Insect spray/ candles /etc
First aid kit for cuts, bites, stings, burns + basic meds
Toilet chemicals for Thetford. Once you find one you like, but the gallon size and refill the small bottle as it is much less expensive.
Water hose( Not garden hose) and pressure regulator ( if you plan to use shore water)
If not included 10-15 ft flex sewer hose
rubber gloves for dumping waste tanks
small broom/ dust pan or small vac to clean floors
several plastic tarps to cover things ( I use these even to keep dew off in spring and fall)
small fan for summer use 12V if you plan on not having shore power.
Games etc for the rainy days
rain gear (I like frog togs as they are light, cool and inexpensive) I have two sets just for TM.
Extension cord 25 ft is perfect to reach outside table for cooking etc.
Long handle brush to clean awning and roof of TM before closing
I recommend a rug even if a small one as it tends to keep the dirt down. Can use inexpensive indoor/outdoor carpet. I take a large HD trash bag to store rug in when it is wet. Keeps the sand and wet out of the TM ot TV.