TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-04-2015, 09:50 PM   #21
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Skyjim, I don't like the foam mattress, either. So, I got an air mattress system from Coleman. I had to get a piece of foam cut to run along side the DW's side, as there was about a 4" gap between the mattress and the edge of the bed frame, but it is easy to adjust the firmness of the mattresses. I run them cross-wise, so it is not a mattress for her and a mattress for me, but it still works. We have a 3" egg-crate pad on top. I deflate for travel, inflate in about 3 minutes after arrival (cheap portable inflator). Can close the TM with everything in-place (deflated).

Just a suggestion, as it works great for us.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #22
Skyjim73

LoveToCamp, I thought that was probably the direction we'd wind up going. For now, the 3" memory foam topper from Bed, Bath, and Beyond worked nicely and we're going to buy a second one. List is 200 bucks but it is pretty easy to find 20% off coupons for BB&B, which helps a lot. This version http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...skuId=16736660 was noticeably firmer than their standard 3" memory foam topper - it really pays NOT to select something like this online IMHO.

We sleep on a Tempur Pedic at home and we liked the combination with the stock foam. We'll see how it all holds up, I guess. We are definitely on the learning curve and will keep the air mattress alternative in mind!
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:15 PM   #23
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbossc View Post
FunPilot chime in here.
I think there is plenty of room for two Grp 31 AGMs, I asked Funpilot before and he said no problem, I think the batts go toward the front, but not on the tongue.
My battery is under the right dinette bench. What is odd is that the door to get access to it from the outside was installed on the left side. I use that to get access to a box that contains my sewer hose instead as the only way to get to my battery is from the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0526.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	11827  
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #24
cbossc

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpilot View Post
My battery is under the right dinette bench. What is odd is that the door to get access to it from the outside was installed on the left side. I use that to get access to a box that contains my sewer hose instead as the only way to get to my battery is from the inside.
Thanks for the pic. Looks like plenty of room for two GP 31 AGMs.
Been away for the week in Oregon (no internet access), sorry I didn't post sooner. We are ordering our 3124KD next month!