TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
rtgetchell

Default Positive recent TM story

Hi All,

After reading a lot of the threads on this board, there is certainly a lot of angst with the future of TM and their relocation under new management. Well, I have some insight.

On July 15 I made the foolish mistake of driving through dusk in order to make it to a friend's house near Flathead Lake in Montana. Just as the sun was about to set I rounded a corner and in my lane was an 800# bull elk....full rack and all. Huge. We collided in the driver's corner and he went all the way down the side of my Tacoma and opened up the top corner of my 2008 2720. I thought it was over for my camper.

I called the factory and spoke with Cleo, who put me in touch with Bob. In 2 days I had an estimate for repairs (based on my photos) and I dropped off our TM in Nebraska a week later.

Fast forward a month.... I picked up my trailer yesterday. It was repaired very close to factory specs. They even reconstructed the top shelf unit which uses "wood" that is different than they use today. That was obliterated in the accident too.

I still have some clean up items to finish myself, but it looks to me like the big and most important things are repaired. Time will tell, but I think I'm ok!

Bob, Sonya, and Cleo worked hard to get me back to normal. They responded by phone, and are friendly and caring in person too. The factory had multiple units outside, with others (at least 5) in line for construction. The facility is huge and looks very professional. Finding skilled labor to do the job will always be a challenge, especially because our beloved trailers are not easy to manufacture. I wish them all the best and am very hopeful that things can turn around quickly as TM is still the best idea on the market. Recent camper shopping trips reminded me that in a hurry.
rtgetchell is offline   Reply With Quote