TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2003, 02:53 PM   #1
red_apache

Default Flip Down DVD monitor

I think TrailManor should consider offering flip down DVD monitors. It is a perfect match, the monitors could be mounted over the beds, flip'em down to watch, flip'em back up to close up. They could be wired up so that there is a jack in the wall to plug a portable DVD player in.

Jack & Gayle
Old 08-08-2003, 07:35 AM   #2
arknoah

Default Re:Flip Down DVD monitor

Texas C is right about the cost, but beyond that I tend to prefer not to have the flip down models anyway, since that way, we can have the TV located in the trailer wherever we want it.

Also in our tow vehicle, instead of getting the flip down screen and cassette player installed, we opted for one that comes in a bag and attaches to the head rests of the two front seats. The result is the same viewing for the kids during long trips, it cost a good $500 less than having one permanently installed, and we let our friends borrow it for their vacation, which you couldn't do with the installed variety
Old 08-08-2003, 09:59 AM   #3
red_apache

Default Re:Flip Down DVD monitor

As far as adding 500 dollars to the cost, I doubt that the monitors would cost more than 100 dollars each. You would provide your own DVD player, I saw a portable DVD player at Walmart on sale for 14 dollars. I'm not suggesting they put it in ALL TM's Just offer it as an option, If I want to pay extra for it I can. As far as tHe TV goes a DVD monitor is NOT a tv, you still would have your tv wherever you want it. The flip downs would not even be noticed when not being used. The advantage is they don't need to be taken down and stuffed in a drawer or sat on the floor, etc.