TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #1
Gapopper

Default What do you store inside your TM cabinets

I noticed that there is a rack attached to the doors of TM's. What do you use this for. It looks like a magazine rack. What do you store in the removable cabinet over the sink. Ceramic cups and plates would be too heavy. I guess the rear storage is great for water hose , levelers etc. We are soon to be TM owners and was wondering about what to put where.
Gapopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Can goods, paper plates, seasonings, jars, coffee etc in the over sink cabinet. It will hold more than you think. Rear storage for folding chairs, astro turf mat, extra electrical cables adapters, extra sewer connections, elbows, white water hose and connections, extension cord, etc.

In the bumper cover is our leveling boards, tools, extra scissor jack. We have a square bumper tube which holds the sewer hose. In the under bed storage we have bedding, electric heater, portable TV, tube floats, compressor, oscillating table fan, etc. Ours has a hanger bar there and we keep extra hangers for the wardrobe.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Everyone has their own list, of course, and you will develop and adjust yours as you travel. For us, it looks like this.

In the entry door, we keep a Mag-Lite flashlight, in case we need to go out in a hurry. The TM Blue Binder. A dozen doggy-poo bags, and an extra leash.

Over the sink. An assortment of paper plates and bowls, foam and paper cups, clear plastic drinking glasses, a bag of mixed plastic silverware (for emergencies only), plus two big ceramic coffee cups and two real glass champagne glasses.

Rear bumper compartments. Jumper cables, long ratchet straps, and a bag of assorted bungees go in the curb side small compartment. Big black power cord, plus a 30-amp-to-20-amp adapter, in the street side small compartment. Two slinky hoses with pre-mounted fittings to connect them, plus the hand crank for the leveling jacks, go in the center compartment. Incidentally, the bumper cover can be slid off to provide access to these compartments, without opening the TM.

Rear "tool" compartment. Besides the battery, on the floor I keep a small tool box (mechanical tools), a small toolbox (electrical tools), a box of small electrical and mechanical parts, (screws, fuses, etc), clamp-on voltmeter, small inverter, and a hatchet. Hanging on hooks on the wall are a short (12') fresh water hose, long (20') fresh water hose, 25' cable television cable with a push-on connector on both ends, and a 25' heavy extension cord.

Towing-related stuff (bottle jack, grease, cheater bar, chocks, leveling boards, battery-powered drill, hitch ball cover) goes in plastic crates just inside the tailgate of the truck. The lug wrench goes on the floor under the rear seat

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #4
Gapopper

Wow , nice list. If you store can goods or ceramic dishes in the hanging cabinet , will they stay in place during traveling. Also will the bracket hold a lot of weight if you are storing can goods.
Gapopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #5
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gapopper View Post
Wow , nice list. If you store can goods or ceramic dishes in the hanging cabinet , will they stay in place during traveling. Also will the bracket hold a lot of weight if you are storing can goods.
Well, the hanging cabinet is not hanging during travel and I place mine on the floor on front of the folding dinette table between my sofas. As I have a paper towel holder fixed to the bottom of the cabinet I lay my cabinet down on its back during travel. That requires unloading the contents during travel. The cleat bracket is fairly strong. Probably stronger than many aspects of the TM such as cabinet door hinges, various interior locks, closures, etcetera.

TM-2002 3124KB
2006 Harley Road King
Old 09-14-2016, 12:35 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

In order to put the hanging cabinet on the wall - or to take it off the wall - you have to lean in across the sink and lift it. It is an awkward position, so I really don't recommend loading it up unless, as rvcycleguy says, you are willing to load and unload it at every stop, before removing it and after hanging it. In my experience, canned goods go much better in the low cabinets on the other side of the kitchen.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #7
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
Well, the hanging cabinet is not hanging during travel and I place mine on the floor on front of the folding dinette table between my sofas. As I have a paper towel holder fixed to the bottom of the cabinet I lay my cabinet down on its back during travel. That requires unloading the contents during travel. The cleat bracket is fairly strong. Probably stronger than many aspects of the TM such as cabinet door hinges, various interior locks, closures, etcetera.
The Pop-a-Towel works well for us. The paper towel holder slides off the mounting bracket which is installed in the space under the cabinet. The cabinet can sit upright on the floor during travel.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57111-P.../dp/B000EDOTCS
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #8
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcassel View Post
The Pop-a-Towel works well for us. The paper towel holder slides off the mounting bracket which is installed in the space under the cabinet. The cabinet can sit upright on the floor during travel.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57111-P.../dp/B000EDOTCS
Thanks for the product link. Looks like a solution for me.

RV

TM-2002 3124KB
2006 Harley Road King
Old 09-14-2016, 08:58 PM   #9
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

"I noticed that there is a rack attached to the doors of TM's" We use that rack for things we might use when going outside. Dog leashes, flash lights, etc....

As Bill mentioned. The hanging cabinets need to be light so you can lift them. You will find plates, glasses, cups, breakfast cereal, knappins.

Heavy things we place on the floor of cabines. I had a camper that a shelf broke from road bumps and lot of can goods. We use the inside cabinets below the rear bed as a panty.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #10
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

In the "magazine rack" inside the front door:

Flashlight (LED)
Tablecloth
Folding broom and dustpan
Square driver (forget what it's called)
Misc other things