TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2016, 05:25 PM   #11
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

With standard mattress you should be able to leave the bed made up, except the pillows.

We have a 2 inch topper. We leave on the bed the sheets and a thin blanket.

We put the pillows in the wardrobe after moving everything on hangers to the left we put the pillows on the right, Tight fit but it keeps everything in place when traveling. The heavy blankets and/or toper go in a plastic bag and are in the tub or left on the floor under the table.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #12
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Then how do folks add 2-3" of mattress topper?!?
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #13
Burquena

Default My Bedding Solution

Hello all! I see there are several new members looking for solutions to replacing the TM mattresses, so I thought I’d share what I did in my 2720SL to get a comfortable bed and accommodate a 70 pound golden retriever cross accessing it. We just finished up our 2nd season in the TM, and I’ve spent about 50 nights with this configuration now.
• First, I lined the rear bed area with high density foam mat tiles from Harbor Freight (took 2 packs, on sale often for $9.99 a pack). This added insulation and a firm layer below the mattress. They're 1/2" thick.
• I purchased a LUCID 4” memory foam mattress topper from Amazon and it fit in the TM mattress cover with room to spare. (BTW, I laundered the TM cover with no problems). I normally sleep on a Temperpedic, so I was concerned about comfort. I’ve had no complaints and sleep very well on this mattress.
• For bedding, I got a Teton 4 in 1 RV sleeping bag. It has two thicknesses – the lighter side says +40 degrees and the thicker says +20. The inside of the bag is lined in a soft flannel. The bag is really two bags that zip together to provide an 80” x 70” (queen) size bag. I LOVE this set up - you can unzip both sides if you want, you get two warmth choices and it rolls up easily, has 4 straps to secure it and it fits perfectly in the space in front of the toilet for travel. It’s held up well (since you can zip it apart, my high capacity washer has no problem with the load). I have not tried closing the TM with it on the bed.
• For steps, I use the Solvit Pupstep Plus Xlarge – originally I got this for the dog, but truth be told, I use it a lot more than he does! The steps are very light (9 lbs.) fold down to about 6” tall for storage, and really will support 200 lbs. I just put it up on the bed during the day for access to the drawers and cabinet under the bed. I have been impressed that it is holding up very well also. You do need to put a non-slip rug under it to keep it from sliding if you have the vinyl flooring.
Curt 600-800# WDH
Prodigy Brake Controller
15" load D tires
SeaEagle 124 SMB with Tohatsu 6HP outboard
65 lb Golden Retriever Cross
Burquena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:00 PM   #14
TMfor4ofus

Also, a newbie here. Good to know that some of you are reporting that you can add a 2" topper on the bed and still close it up. I am going to try that at home and see if it works. The existing mattress is very firm.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:26 PM   #15
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I like a firm mattress DF likes soft. 2" memory foam seems to be right for both. Thanks to wonders of memory foam.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #16
TMfor4ofus

Ok, so today we tried to add the 2" memory foam topper on the queen bed. We had a really hard time closing it. It seemed like too much resistance trying to latch it. We decided to remove it and added a thinner egg crate type mattress topper. Our first camping trip in the Trailmanor will be 2 weeks from now so we will see how it goes.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:56 PM   #17
Gwenne & Len

As I said above, we have 3" med foam and 3" tempurpedic memory foam......I think 2" of med foam would have been enough. I like the 3" LUCID memory foam bed idea......wish I had known that was good. How about a 1" topper?
2012 Highlander
Leelanau County, Michigan
Gwenne & Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:22 AM   #18
Jampcourt

We have a covered 2 inch memory foam topper, and we use an RV Superbag (http://www.rvsuperbag.com)for our bedding. We don't leave either on the bed when we close up, as we don't want to add additional stress to the closing latches. However, these items are easy to fold and lay over the couch for traveling, and take two minutes at the most to replace on the bed. I sleep better in the trailer than anywhere else with this arrangement!
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:37 AM   #19
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

correction our's is a 1.5 inch topper.