TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Tampajohn

Default Thinking about purchasing an Elmont? Suggestions?

I have a 2720 and getting a bit too old to set up it. I am thinking about an older Elkmont. Guess I need some questions answered. Any help would be appreciated.

1. Why did they quit making them?

2. One thing I like it the metal bottom and top construction. If I would have owned another type of camper beside TM, this camper would have been rotted out. Not the TM with the aluminum. Is there any other campers with the same type of construction.

2. Is there any problems with Elmonts that I need to know.

3. Is their construction similar to the 2720, but just do not need to set them up.

3 I realize wind resistance is more, but the weight is similar. It will take more to pull it, but is there anything else I need to be aware.

I know it would take me some time to find one and we have 3 more months to do on a 4 and 1/2 month trip, but I am starting to look for something that will not rot out, light weight, and not necessary to fold up and down.

Any help would help. John