TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2005, 08:41 AM   #1
jackehop41

Default Proud New 3023 Owner HELP!!

Just started to read all the great info on the boards. Picking up new TM on Thursday. Can't wait. Having trouble figuring out this site but I just got involved with computers and have no knowledge of how to communicate. Any "how to" info would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

This is intended as a friendly response so please don't be insulted but asking "how do I communicate by computer" is a little like asking "How do I learn to read"- it's easy if you already know how to do it but requires considerable time and effort if you don't. If you haven't done so I'd recommend taking a few introductory classes at your Community College or elsewhere and go from there.

There are several of us here who are not far ahead of you.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
TexasThunder

I think you are doing really good so far, you posted a post in the right place. Thats a great start. Just keep reading the various threads or topics.
Get comfortable using the "search" and "advanced search", they will be a time saver.

On the web in general you can learn alot just by using search engines to seek out any info you are intersted in. All major web portals have them, www.yahoo.com, www.google.com, etc.

Computers in general like to be rebooted sometimes, just turn it off and then turn it back on, especially after many days or hours of use, or if its really doing strange stuff. Always try to do a proper "shut down", whatever that might be for your particular computer. Directions are either in your manual or available thru online help. Good luck and happy camping!
Old 06-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #4
jackehop41

Thanks for the info and enccouragment. I've learned to get and send email but havn't gotten into "chats" and that kind of thing. I've got a lot to learn so the suggestion about community college courses on the subject is great and something to do when it gets cold here in the mountains. I guess I'm just looking for hints on how to communicate with "ya'll" regarding our new TM in the meantime. Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:01 AM   #5
Queeniereads

When you feel as if you are caught up on reading old postings, each time you sign on, hit "new posts" on the top blue bar and you will get whatver has been posted since you were last here. Red them then or you will not get the same list when you return later. Welcome and happy reading! Queeniereads aka judi