TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Beach Boy

Default No TM in "Camping" Magazine

My wife and I went to our favorite bookstore for coffee and reading. I saw the new issue of "Camping." On the front, the magazine promoted light weight travel trailers. I was eager to see if they featured TM. There was no mention of TM. Maybe the reason is that TM is not an advertiser of the magazine. As a person interested in purchasing a TM, I am very frustrated.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
As a person interested in purchasing a TM, I am very frustrated.
Why are you frustrated?

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Beach Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Why are you frustrated?

Dave
I saw my first TM three years ago at a rest stop. Read about TM's and Hi-Lo's on RV.net. Found someone in Birmingham that just recently bought an used 3023. Would like to see a 3124 sometime. I would like a company that has been in business for more than 27 years to provide a little customer service.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Beachboy...next time you go to St. Augustine...let me know you can come see my 3124KS! I am located between St. Augustine and Jacksonville Beach Florida.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
LiveTicker

BeachBoy has me confused....frustrated?

First you read one of many RV/camping/outdoors magazines. There are a zillion light weight travel trailers on the market.
It didn't happen to feature a TM write up with pictures in this issue. Also TM did not choose to spend money advertizing in this issue of this magazine.
Get over it.
Is that why you are so frustrated?

Then instead of answering Dave's "Why are you frustrated?" you jump to another subject.... griping about service.

You don't even own one yet!
What lack of service? That they didn't answer your Email (from a DIFFERENT thread)?
Is it bad service that they haven't brought a 3124 out to your house for you to examine?

Go travel over to a dealer and see one. They will have more time for questions than any factory.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:12 AM   #6
Beach Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
Beachboy...next time you go to St. Augustine...let me know you can come see my 3124KS! I am located between St. Augustine and Jacksonville Beach Florida.
Thank you!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
Jim&Joan

Default And it's not just trailers

Yeah, unfortunately, most magazines are filled with ads that are separated with longer ads that are made to look like an article! Most articles and reviews are based on a relationship with an ad paying manufacturer.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
Beach Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim&Joan View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, most magazines are filled with ads that are separated with longer ads that are made to look like an article! Most articles and reviews are based on a relationship with an ad paying manufacturer.
I agree. I think TM is the best thing since sliced bread but I would like to see more publicity, promotion, and advertising from the company. I would like to mention TM to other veteran RVers without getting the response -- what's that.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
LiveTicker

Quote:
I would like to mention TM to other veteran RVers without getting the response -- what's that.
That can be the best part of owning one. We get to start a conversion and explain what this oragami camper does and why we love it. We have something unique in the RV industry, and people are curious.

If it was just another Winnebago most people know what it is and there is nothing else to discuss.
If it's not Winnebago, Airstream, Coleman, Jayco, etc. - then you will always get a "what's that".
Quote:
I think TM is the best thing since sliced bread
That is sliced bread that pops open into french toast with marmalade.

Quote:
but I would like to see more publicity, promotion, and advertising from the company.
You gotta lower your expectations. I'm sure they are spending their very limited ad budget as wisely as possible.

Unmet expectations - reasonable or unreasonable - leads to frustration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frustration

Old 01-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Scott O

Several years ago when we were camping in Escalante, Utah, I saw a TM briefly in the campground. I asked the owner about it as I had never seen or heard or a hard sided pop-up before. He showed me how it worked, and was gone before I could round up my wife for a demo. A web investigation filled in the blanks. Were it not for that chance encounter, I probably still would be shivering in the pop up. Would more advertising and articles and publicity be nice...sure. But they seem to be up to their necks in running the company currently, so added expense and aggravation probably isn't warranted. LiveTicker hit it on the head. Having something unique just adds to the enjoyment.