TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 AM   #1
wmtire

Default Trailmanor new upright camper

I saw this on the yahoo group about trailmanor building an upright camper. Guess it is true.

http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/uprigh...t-trailer.html

EDIT: I guess we will have to make a new section just for this type. Now, those who need to move to a regular trailer with a walkaround bed, (like Chap) can stay in the Trailmanor family.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
Bluegrass

I got an e-mail from Trailmanor announcing the new upright. But when i went to their website, i couldn't find any pricing on it. It doesn't appear in the "Showroom" or in "Build your Trailmanor." Anyone know the price of this puppy?

The walk-around queen is nice and it looks like it has a larger refrigerator and freezer, though it's hard to see for sure. But only a 20 gallon water tank. Also has a black water tank which suggests that it has a conventional rather than recirculating head.

Interesting.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
Scott O

WmTires' post link above has rather complete photos as well as specs on the new trailer. It has some features I like, but some are so-so. The bed is cool, but it takes almost half of the floor space. Amenities are excellent as we have come to expect from TM. One major thing is missing...there are no pullouts, which would seem to me to be mandatory in a full sized trailer. Maybe TM's lightweight construction just won't handle a pullout, at least from the side. Overall an interesting first effort. But it still won't fit in my garage!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
WmTires' post link above has rather complete photos as well as specs on the new trailer. It has some features I like, but some are so-so. The bed is cool, but it takes almost half of the floor space. Amenities are excellent as we have come to expect from TM. One major thing is missing...there are no pullouts, which would seem to me to be mandatory in a full sized trailer. Maybe TM's lightweight construction just won't handle a pullout, at least from the side. Overall an interesting first effort. But it still won't fit in my garage!
Yeah, a pullout would be nice. I wonder if there are going to be more models forthcoming.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
cali camping

I'm just guessing here, but considering the construction methods used, I doubt you will ever see a pull-out in this trailer line. This first model looks like a great attempt though.
If I hadn't just bought my 2720 I would be seriously considering this.
I'm sure since it only comes with 20 gal. water tank and that tank also feeds the toilet, an option for additional water tanks will be an option. I would also like to see a double sink in all TMs. Is there anyone here who doesn't want a double sink in the kitchen?
It will be a little dark inside due to the lack/size of windows.
Window on door doesn't open?
Screen door available?
Why no window above the bed or in the bathroom?

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
lnussbau

Default New TM "Upright" Model

I was a tad surprised a few minutes ago when I looked at the TM site. They now have a new 24 foot "upright" (non-folding) trailer model: TM Upright

Looks pretty inside, but from the pix it's no roomier than my 2720SL, though the full size fridge and a few other things seem attractive.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Joseph

Default Wow!

Well I be ( fill in the blank )!

How about that. Good to see the company expanding into different areas.

Maybe when I get to old to open my 2720SL....

Hey TM! Congrats to you!

Looks good from here.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #8
wmtire

Don't take this as gospel, but I am hearing it will be priced around 26K.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
ng2951

Looks interesting. I do not see why you cannot build slide outs except for the expense.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #10
Beak12

Default Upright

I'm not sure how I feel about this new TM. Hope they don't stop giving most of their energy to the style that made them famous.