TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #151
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Larry, it's sad, but I wouldn't buy any of the Nebraska-built units. I feel really lucky I found a new 2013 one back when I did.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:53 PM   #152
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
These stories are very sad to hear. I only hope that these stories are the exception and not the rule. TM has a really neat and unique trailer.
I agree Larry. For those of us that have been happy TM owners for years (bought my 2005 in Aug of 2004), we know it has left a horrible impression on these people, which really is understandable, but sad, nonetheless.

I've had issues with mine, which can be frustrating, but the issues I've had were not the factory's fault, or any fault in the build - they are simply things that happened (roof creases due to snow load and/or tree limb while the trailer was at a relative's for the winter), or due to neglect on my part (letting it sit for several years because I simply had zero money and was just focused on not loosing my house). I am extremely grateful though, that I muddled through that without having to sell my TM. Now, I'm in a MUCH better situation, and able to enjoy it again. It's taken some work to get it back up to snuff, and in that process I decided to remodel as well, but when I tow the TM, I'm reminded of how beautifully it tows, and there is no other trailer as large that will come close to the ease of towing a TM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #153
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
I agree Larry. For those of us that have been happy TM owners for years (bought my 2005 in Aug of 2004), we know it has left a horrible impression on these people, which really is understandable, but sad, nonetheless.

I've had issues with mine, which can be frustrating, but the issues I've had were not the factory's fault, or any fault in the build - they are simply things that happened (roof creases due to snow load and/or tree limb while the trailer was at a relative's for the winter), or due to neglect on my part (letting it sit for several years because I simply had zero money and was just focused on not loosing my house). I am extremely grateful though, that I muddled through that without having to sell my TM. Now, I'm in a MUCH better situation, and able to enjoy it again. It's taken some work to get it back up to snuff, and in that process I decided to remodel as well, but when I tow the TM, I'm reminded of how beautifully it tows, and there is no other trailer as large that will come close to the ease of towing a TM.
This is how I feel. My 2002 has a couple of minor issues--which is to be expected for the age. But as far as fit and finish--I'm more than pleased. Maybe I should knock on wood. I don't even have to use pool noodles for gaps. Mine just works. Yeah...I still look at campers. Sometimes I dream of "upgrading". But I whatever I look at in my weight range just doesn't compare with the space I have in my TM. No upright, full size TT has near the counter space or cabinet space. And the ease of towing is a huge factor.

My only wish is that I didn't have to strip the beds to fold the TM down. I have to take off all bedding plus cumbersome 2 inch toppers. Roll them up and find a place to cram them for travel. They are so bulky but make the beds SOOOOOO much more comfortable. I actually sleep better in my TM than I do in my own bed at home!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:36 AM   #154
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4girls View Post
My only wish is that I didn't have to strip the beds to fold the TM down. I have to take off all bedding plus cumbersome 2 inch toppers. Roll them up and find a place to cram them for travel. They are so bulky but make the beds SOOOOOO much more comfortable. I actually sleep better in my TM than I do in my own bed at home!
Hmmm..... back in the day when I used the queen bed, I had an egg crate topper on, plus a puffy comforter, and didn't have to remover them. I now use the front bed, with an egg crate topper, and don't have to remove it either. Not sure if mine isn't right, but after adjusting the arms on mine due to it not being level side to side, it's easier to close and latch than it has ever been, and the extra on the front bed isn't a problem at all. Perhaps look at may adjusting all the arms just a tad, raising both shells up a bit, and maybe that will help?
Old 06-23-2017, 12:15 AM   #155
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
Hmmm..... back in the day when I used the queen bed, I had an egg crate topper on, plus a puffy comforter, and didn't have to remover them. I now use the front bed, with an egg crate topper, and don't have to remove it either. Not sure if mine isn't right, but after adjusting the arms on mine due to it not being level side to side, it's easier to close and latch than it has ever been, and the extra on the front bed isn't a problem at all. Perhaps look at may adjusting all the arms just a tad, raising both shells up a bit, and maybe that will help?
Sounds like a solution. I didn't know this was an option. But you sound like you are mechanically inclined. I am NOT. I am at the mercy of my husband (who happens to be very mechanically inclined but also WAY, WAY too busy to be bothered by optional stuff like the TM). If he ever gets a break from replacing brakes on multiple vehicles, fixing plumbing and electrical issues at our house, installing new lighting and ceiling fans, parenting 4 kids, full time job with travel, etc, etc etc, maybe one day I can get him to work on adjusting the arms. I'm surely not going to attempt it. Example: one of our kids' cars currently has a blown head gasket. He's been spending spare time trying different temporary fixes and researching/looking for used engines. Finally taking it in to get the engine replaced tomorrow. $$$ Check one more thing off the list. And then add 10 more things 'cause it never ends! lol
Old 06-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #156
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4girls View Post
Sounds like a solution. I didn't know this was an option. But you sound like you are mechanically inclined.
I am rather, because I've had to be - my house was built in 1820, and I am slowly renovating, one room at a time, which involves taking the room down to studs and floor joists, replacing all windows and all wiring, and rebuilding the whole room from scratch. I work full time, at a job with a 55 minute commute, one way. I have just shy of 7 acres to mow, or a very long driveway to clear of snow in the winter. I raise and butcher my own meat rabbits. And although my kids are 'grown', I've been doing all this as a single parent. Cars - don't even get me started.... my son's car has been at the shop since the end of Sept, so he bought a 'new' one. My daughter limped from western Massachusetts to Boston then home (2.5 hours north), with her passenger rear shock having pushed up through to the cargo area of her car. She now has my car back in western MA, and I'm driving the Bronco - the gas guzzler - to work and back every day, while her car has joined her brother's at the shop! It definitely never ends...... I am never bored.... LOL
Old 06-26-2017, 10:18 PM   #157
Raci570

[QUOTE=BobRederick;17635]Jess,

Check it out carefully. Go look at one. Sit in it and pretend it is yours. Set it up and take it down. Check out the bed, the refrig, and cabinets. I'm an ex-Coleman guy, so this is a great upgrade to what I am accustomed to.

Best wishes and hope to hear you as a new owner for the '05 camping season!

Bob,

Where can I find one to look at it? They're very hard to find at camper dealerships. I live in North Carolina right now.

Thanks.
Roger
Raci570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #158
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

"Where can I find one to look at it?"

There are many listed in the For Sale - East Region section of this forum. At least one is in North Carolina. May be more, but not all have the state in the header.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:22 PM   #159
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I think Nebraska is past the growing pains of a move , new staff and training, etc...

I would agree that the fist 1/2 to a year after the move there were some issues. But now I think they are up to speed.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #160
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper View Post
I think Nebraska is past the growing pains of a move , new staff and training, etc...

I would agree that the fist 1/2 to a year after the move there were some issues. But now I think they are up to speed.
I sincerely hope so - I would really love to see this company succeed. There is nothing that comes close to it.