TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2016, 09:43 PM   #21
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

It appears to me that you have wiring for parallel batteries. Therefore, 2 12v batteries.

Different opinions on what to use, but... I have two 12v 110 aH deep-cycle batteries from Interstate. I looked for other brands with over 100 aH around here, but found none. I don't belong to Costco or Sam's Club, so they may have others. However, my two batteries seem to be doing fine, although they are only 2 years old. I have 200w solar, so that keeps them charged during and between trips.

While you say you won't be dry camping for a while, that makes an assumption that the campgrounds you go to will not have electric problems. Doesn't happen often, but folks post about getting to their campground, and there is no electricity available, either due to maintenance, lightening, or whatever reason.

So, you could get one 12v battery now, and just go with that, not using the second terminal connectors in your TM. But, if you are going to someday have two batteries, they say it is best to have both the same age. You could get two now, or get one, then when it dies, get two more (or, just replace the one, if it has done the job for you).

Decisions, decisions. Don't assume you will always have hookups, even if the campground you plan to visit says they have full hookups. Any of the three systems could be down while you are there. You don't want to be without power, or water, for that matter. Sewer dump can usually go longer than you can go without water or power, if you don't have solar or a generator.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:53 AM   #22
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

It would be prudent to have someone who understands electricity connect those batteries. If you get one backwards, they will make the wires red hot or they could overheat and spout sulphuric acid.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #23
Padgett
TrailManor Master

One of the advantages to GC2s is that they are designed to be used in series. Most 12v batteries are not designed for parallel use (though it usually works).