TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Exclamation Time for me to take my ego out for a spin

Well my inferiority complex is rearing it's ugly head again so I thought I would PUSH my website off on everyone, AGAIN...you know....the one where I sell nothing but free information and show everyone how much better I am than they are! HA!!

Just kidding... no, what I wanted to do is tell all that I have added some new mods to ole Betsy and if you're really bored you can go take a look at
http://www.trickmytrailmano.com
I have added:
some new lights page 13
a new converter/charger page 16 (not by choice either)
a wifi booster antenna and wireless router page 27
a new whole trailer water filter (replacing the old canister type that I had in there) it's really cool!!...page 6

It's all in there if you want to dig it up. At this rate I will have to join Mods Anonymous soon because I just can't get enough Mods....more ...more...MORE MODS!!! I can't get enough!!

Now if only that shower curtain liner I bought the other day at B,B&B would relax the creases in it, I could tackle the shower walls Mod.... But there is hope on the horizon...because next week I will get my new Atwood AC to install...that should scratch a major itch.

You know back in the sixty's, Mod had a completely different meaning for me....ahhhh those were the days

Tom ... an obsessive hopeless case
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:16 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I enjoyed reading about your converter replacement. You make it look really easy. We have one of the older converters (6300 series IIRC) and I think it might be time to replace it.

If all I have to do is take off the wires from one unit and reattach them to the other, I think I could do it...but I'm scared! How much did you pay for the new converter?

I've read about people replacing certain solenoids in their converters that keep the charger from shutting off from overcharging or vice versa, not charging the battery enough. But I don't have enough knowledge to pursue this path. Plus I think that a 3 stage charger would be a good investment.

I wonder how much it would cost to pay someone to replace it for us?

D
Old 07-09-2016, 03:00 AM   #3
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Wink not much

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
I enjoyed reading about your converter replacement. You make it look really easy. We have one of the older converters (6300 series IIRC) and I think it might be time to replace it.

If all I have to do is take off the wires from one unit and reattach them to the other, I think I could do it...but I'm scared! How much did you pay for the new converter?

I've read about people replacing certain solenoids in their converters that keep the charger from shutting off from overcharging or vice versa, not charging the battery enough. But I don't have enough knowledge to pursue this path. Plus I think that a 3 stage charger would be a good investment.

I wonder how much it would cost to pay someone to replace it for us?

D
woke up and went to take some meds and thought I would
kill some time until they kicked in...so here I am...anyways, it was easy and cost about $200 (on Amazon) with the "Pendant" remote battery monitor/activator so you can see what mode your charger is on and change that if you want...heck, it was a snap to do and I bet a smart guy like you can do it if a dumb ole bass player like me can...but at shop rates, it would be about 1 hours worth to have it installed..probably $60 -$100. You have my email address, so drop me a line and I'll send you my phone number....if I can assist you I will be more than happy to! Thanks for the compliment by the way and good luck with that. Just make sure the shore power is unplugged and the 12 volts from the battery is OFF as well!
Tom
Old 07-09-2016, 10:50 AM   #4
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

My husband plays the bass too! Thanks for your encouraging words. I'll do some research and see if I can find a reasonably priced replacement unit online somewhere.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:25 PM   #5
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

I really enjoy going through your web site. The pictures are super helpful.

I'm a cellist and play enough bass to fake our way through few songs with my buddies.
fairweatherfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #6
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up I understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweatherfisherman View Post
I really enjoy going through your web site. The pictures are super helpful.

I'm a cellist and play enough bass to fake our way through few songs with my buddies.
Faking it is all part of the gig...especially playing jazz...or with the Uranium Savages...who by the way play TONIGHT!...it's 709 day...a holy day of no-tonement...so if your in Austin Texas, and you want to see who kept Austin weird first...then come to the Austin Beer Garden Brewery by 9.07 pm
"If you're not insulted , then we aren't doing our job...but just be patient...we'll get to everyone.."

Tom