TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #51
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_STRONG View Post
The floor plan for the 3326King is really nice with all of the counter space plus having a permanent side dinette and also a living room area. A floor plan similar to this in the Elkmont would be just great to have.
A 33+ foot trailer is pretty long. For reference, with a traditional TT, my guess is that's a 3-axle trailer, and you don't see those very often. I believe my Sequoia is around 18-feet, which makes for a towing length of 51-feet, or just shy of a normal-length 53-foot trailer from an 18-wheeler. That is long.

Just my opinion....

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #52
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Carol & Lou - that is a fine looking trailer!

It is easier to pack up a full-sized travel trailer to leave...we had one and we could throw a lot of stuff inside there quickly.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #53
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
A few years ago, TM took a flyer in another direction - the 2619 Sport. I don't think it survived the first year. This one looks to me to have a better chance - but it will have to compete with all the other lightweight uprights. The next few months should be interesting, as the market shrinks but the market for small lightweight trailers holds steady or expands. I think TM may know more about lightweights, and that may be the primary selling point - and point of success - of this new model.

The "towabilty" aspects are going to be interesting, since many of the arguments in favor of towing a conventional TM with a small vehicle have used low wind resistance as a justification.

Bill
Bill, it appears you are a psychic.

I was reading my new Trailer Life magazine (March 2009, page 40) and it was talking about new trends in trailers coming from the 46th Annual National RV Trade Show in Louisville, KY. It is stating that smaller, lighterweight towable trailers with more green components are the current trend. It also showed many new offerings along these lines from other manufacturers. Airstream with a 2000 lb 16 footer, Coachman with a 3500 lb 30 footer, Forest River with 16-18 footers weighing 1900 to 2400 lbs (supposedly one with a slideout), and even Hi-Lo with a new teardrop 16 foot 1400 lb trailer.

The field is definitely growing. Trailmanor can proudly ask what took everyone so long. They've been there for years.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #54
larsdennert

They really look nice. Sounds like the wind resistance isn't significantly more.
I'd retrofit a window over the bed. I like all the windows in the folding TM. I've even considered putting a clear skylight over the rear bed to watch the stars. I'd need a shade too.

Where are the batteries? In the brochure they have lights on but no battery on the tongue.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #55
Dixielou

I very much agree with Bob Strong's thinking that a longer Elkmont would be very appealing, especially for those of us that have come to love the floor plan of the longer 3326K. We, too, are on our second 3326K TrailManor and could not easily accept anything with less liveability. I would also second the idea of a window over the bed. The idea of being able to look out any side of a trailer to see what's going on around you certainly adds to one's sense of security. A final thought: The Elkmont is costly and the competition is closing in on TrailManor's nitch of a light weight, easy to tow trailer. I am not quite sure yet that the Elkmont is worth its price, especially when nicely equipped.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:47 AM   #56
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojrxsf View Post
If there is a hideabed option, I believe I have found what I'm looking for. I'll be headed to the factory to scope it out in the next two weeks.

Went to Custom RV (Near Disneyland) yesteday to pick up my TM (serviced) they had a upright on the lot. Looks much better in person than pictures. Matt had pictures e-mailed to him from the factory showing a hideabed in place of the queen bed. He thinks only dealer got this picture. Becaue it's not on the web site for Uprights. At 70 years old had th upright be on the market with a hideabed that is the direction I would have gone. It 's even lighter than my 2720SL.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #57
Al-n-Sue

Default New Elkmont in TL

Just got my June Trailer Life - the cover sports a picture of a new Elkmont begin towed by the new Ford Flex. The Flex has a 4500 lb tow rating.

Will read the article when I get a chance!