TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #11
BradS7535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Problem with a thumb drive is that it is hard to pick an album/song/artist, takes an app to do that. Have finally solved the storage problem but the selection process takes a bit more.
Probably true in most cases, but at least in newer cars (like my Ford Fusion with Sync) they have voice control. With my thumb drive with 1000+ songs I can say "play artist Red Hot Chili Peppers" and it will start playing all RHCP songs. Or I can say "play album....play song..." etc. All hands free.

With newer cars starting to support Android Auto and Apple Carplay I suspect this will continue to get easier.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:43 PM   #12
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up ahhh music

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecicon View Post
I listen to all kinds, I use Pandora as my music source (mostly).

My stations that I have set up range from Rock to Country to Alternative '80s and Pandora now has a new station called "Thumbprint" radio it will play anything you have already given an up arrow.

We also believe that there has been no good/worthy rock or pop music produced since 1995.
How about 1969...or since the demise of Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn....in my band we make fun of all the rest....however if we can get a chuckle out of it, we'll use it and ride that pony till it drops! with "The Uranium Savages"(.com), nothing is sacred! "If you're not offended then we're not doing our job....but just be patient, we'll get to everyone!"
Although I love most kinds of music, I personally, love Jazz the most...it's the music for bass players...most of the time bass players just alternate between a couple of notes ... BORING ...but with Jazz, especially straight ahead Jazz from the 50's - 70's you get to "walk" all over the place choosing how to get to the next phrase in the tastiest manor you can come up with...and not only that, you get to solo too, just like all the other instruments!
Jazz is the musicians music...it's like a puzzle that once the melody is played thru one time, the rest is all improv on that theme and like a puzzle, the challenge is to see just how many ways that puzzle can be put back together by ALL the musicians. Talk about clever!With all of the chord inversions and subtle timing changes it will get pretty deep at times. It also take eceptional concentration, because with all of the improv going on you have to know where it is you are in the tune at ALL times. It's ok if you hit a wrong notePlus one has to be on the top of their technique to just keep up with the other players. You can't be some holiday guitar strummer and hope to play Jazz. You have to have "chops" or expertise and the only way to do that is practice you buttox off. But that's not even enough...you have to get out there and do "it" in real time with other musicians....it's like making love...you can practice all you want ...but it's not like the real thing!!!
Rap is not music...it's more like gutter poetry set to a bunch of noise in the background for folks who don't know how to think and by people who couldn't carry a tune in a dump truck but can string lines of rhymes together even though they have the timing of a roofing crew!
Rap is Anti-Jazz! As for The Uranium Savages...we're a comedy/parody band.
Just my opinion.
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:51 PM   #13
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Question rap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecicon View Post
Agreed, I should have clarified my 'country' selections hardly any country since 2004, my preference is Waylon, Willie, Cash, LeDoux...

I had an introduction written about me before giving a presentation and IIRC, it went something like ..."he has every letter of the alphabet represented in his music collection from ABBA to ZZTopp with special emphasis on Handel and The Gin Blossoms."

I agree with the OP about Rap and its brethren C-Rap aka Country Rap.

https://youtu.be/m-glMLXWHPU?list=UU...E8EviV2WCwDAhQ
I think the first rap I ever heard was Bob Dylan's first album back in the folkie days.
Tom
Old 06-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #14
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default as a matter of fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
LOL, That looks like Redneck wanna be gangsta rap. LMAO

This is my style
https://youtu.be/T-yMlF_xpDY?t=3

The Uranium Savages have a number entitled "Redneck Rap"
Tom
Old 06-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #15
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Actually started even before I was hearing: Gregorian Chants - " a form of monophonic, unaccompanied...". So once again we have come full circle just has a shorter name now.

Dylan had his guitar.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #16
Logman

Default Music

I listen to jazz, classical, bluegrass,early country. Each about equally. But I can be caught listening to nearly anything. I’m a lifelong musician of leisure, not being too serious about it, but I primarily play acoustic guitar. I’ve played upright bass for many years too. Started w/ trombone in 3rd grade elementary school. I keep my music on my iphone and use a JBL bluetooth speaker, love that little speaker. I use itunes and Amazon for the downloads. Music is a very big, happy part of my life.
2007 Chevy Silverado/w cap
Logman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #17
Padgett
TrailManor Master

When I could not look at the music and play the piano at the same time (still need to look at the keyboard even now) the school needed an oboe. Talk about an ill woodwind nobody blows good.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #18
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

For me, music is often just another job to get away from. I'm getting too old to play without considerable pain, and my skills are declining fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-15_square.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	13684  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #19
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Unhappy that's sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
For me, music is often just another job to get away from. I'm getting too old to play without considerable pain, and my skills are declining fast.
But you do have a beautiful instrument though. That's a hard ax too! Especiall if you got big fingers like me...
Tom