TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Rio Dan

Default Change of Status: Not looking anymore

Because we found one.

Wife and I are now the proud owners of a very nice 2007 2720SL.

A very nice couple in Oxnard California needed to sell because they had a new non-folding camper coming the next day. The husband is a rather tall gent and he said he always felt cramped in the TM.

My wife and I are more normal sized (anyone over 5'9" is a mutant) so we should be fine.

There are a few minor details to address: a missing window screen, a chipped bathroom mirror. But overall it's been well cared for. It has A/C and awning, microwave in place of the gas oven (I may change that) and the built-in 17" TV/DVD/stereo/CD, not that we watch much TV when camping.

Brand new tires, albeit 14's. Non-swing tongue and WDH. I'll have to re-measure. We may be able to get it in the garage with the solid tongue. If not it's off to the welder. At least for now we can store it outsde. Best option that it came with is a custom, heavy-duty all-weather cover. It was made by a boat canvas shop near the previous owner. Not one of those crappy Adco jobs.

We wanted a SD but there were none to be found presently in our area. This last week I had a reason to be in Phoenix. SoCal had six SL's for sale and Mesa had two. I figured I ought be able to find one with those odds. I'm a handy guy. If we discover we cant stand the sofa I'll convert it to a dinette.

So no pictures yet, but it looks just like all the other 2720Sl's out there. Big question I know you all want answered, "what did you pay for it?".

$12,600.00

If the seller had more time and less competition I know he could have gotten more. I had him over a barrol. He needed the space for the new trailer and he told me what the dealer was going to give him for it in trade.

Hey, I asked and he told. He could have told me to pound sand. If this was the only one I had to look at this last week I'd have gone to $16k for it.

Timing is everything.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

rio dan
let me say gratz to you and the dw,
it sure is nice when you get them by the short hairs, and get what you are looking for at a real deal,
get that baby packed and get out there soon,

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
PopBeavers

Since you live near Rio Vista (which had a dealer in 2005), watch for an announcement of the west coast TM rally in the spring. Every year it has been at the Petaluma KOA. Anywhere from 20 to 30 TMs will likely be there.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Rio Dan

We live in Rio Vista. Stan was a customer of mine (I'm the heating and A/C contractor in town). He's a great guy and I miss him. First saw a TM at his store. Although, at the time we were more interrested in the Chalet folding A-frames he sold too.

Thanks for the invite to the rally. I'll keep my eyes pealed for the posting. Will you be there?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio Dan View Post
We live in Rio Vista. Stan was a customer of mine (I'm the heating and A/C contractor in town). He's a great guy and I miss him. First saw a TM at his store. Although, at the time we were more interested in the Chalet folding A-frames he sold too.

Thanks for the invite to the rally. I'll keep my eyes pealed for the posting. Will you be there?
My wife and I went to the first few but stopped after that. With our limited time available to go camping we typically head to the Sierras and ride our ATVs and dirt bikes.

We do not stay in RV parks.

Petaluma is not a destination. I have two brothers that live there.

I have tried several times to organize a dry camping rally, but apparently TM owners only want to stay somewhere that has full hookups. I have no idea why. I have been dry camping since fall 1953. I hate RV parks. If I can see any other RV from my TM then the spaces are too small. If I want to be in a crowed I will just stay home in the big city.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #6
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I have tried several times to organize a dry camping rally, but apparently TM owners only want to stay somewhere that has full hookups. I have no idea why. I have been dry camping since fall 1953. I hate RV parks. If I can see any other RV from my TM then the spaces are too small. If I want to be in a crowed I will just stay home in the big city.
Wayne,
The idea of dry camping is intriquing however I think you have the ability to carry much more stuff than I. We just about make it weight wise as it is. As far as camping at KOA Petaluma--grandkids live about 4.5 miles from the KOA so it's no brainer--we do the TM rally main functions but most of the time we are in Penngrove. I have missed you at the Petaluma meetings.

PS: I did it ---just learned how to Quote just a part of someones post. Thnks for the help.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak12 View Post
Wayne,
The idea of dry camping is intriquing however I think you have the ability to carry much more stuff than I. We just about make it weight wise as it is. As far as camping at KOA Petaluma--grandkids live about 4.5 miles from the KOA so it's no brainer--we do the TM rally main functions but most of the time we are in Penngrove. I have missed you at the Petaluma meetings.

PS: I did it ---just learned how to Quote just a part of someones post. Thnks for the help.
You can dry camp with a 30 pound backpack on your back.

You can dry camp with 2 adults and 2 small children in a mini van.

The rest is luxury.

A few years ago my daughter, now 32, and I backpacked 38 miles of the PCT, from Donner Summit to Sierra City. We both had 40 pound packs.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
moaboy

And I would think with a name like "Rio" anything is possible...
Welcome!