TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2018, 06:30 AM   #1
amijab

Default Sleep capacity?

Hi I was wondering if the biggest models only sleep 6? I would love one that sleeps 8. Thanks!
amijab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:42 AM   #2
jasonv31

Quote:
Originally Posted by amijab View Post
Hi I was wondering if the biggest models only sleep 6? I would love one that sleeps 8. Thanks!
I have a 3023 (1996 model but later ones were the same I think) and mine sleeps 6. Our plan for sleeping more kids is on the loveseat across from the fold out couch (1) and on the floor by the door on a pallet bed. That would technically give us 8 when counting the kids.

I don't think there is a model that officially sleeps 8 though ? I haven't seen it. Maybe someone else has an idea how it could be done.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Mods completed so far : New flooring; New Curtains; Removed Thetford for CAMCO portable; installed 110 volt refrigerator

Mods to be installed : 300 watt renogy solar system (MTTP controller), 3000 watt inverter, Automatic transfer switch, 2 - 6 volt Trojan FLA batteries; Scissor Jacks; LED lighting inside and out.
jasonv31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Jason -

I think you are right. In most models, you get two on the rear bed, two on the front bed, and two on the dinette. Our 2720SL does not have a front bed, so we get two on the rear bed and two on the couch (pulled out). Fortunately, our grandsons think sleeping on the floor is an adventure.

At least one of our members addressed the problem by building some custom bunk beds. A Search should turn up his post. Or in the biggest model, you might have room to add a cot.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Jason -

I think you are right. In most models, you get two on the rear bed, two on the front bed, and two on the dinette. Our 2720SL does not have a front bed, so we get two on the rear bed and two on the couch (pulled out). Fortunately, our grandsons think sleeping on the floor is an adventure.

At least one of our members addressed the problem by building some custom bunk beds. A Search should turn up his post. Or in the biggest model, you might have room to add a cot.

Bill
I did the bunk beds, so that would conceptually make 3 in the SL (2 on the bottom couch pulled out, one on the bunk). Our plan was always to have kids sleep on the floor if needed -- but when ours bring friends, they all just sleep in a tent.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
jasonv31

That's really interesting... I still haven't converted my 3020 (1996) yet, I still have the little recliner and TV Stand (such a useless configuration imo lol). My plan was to build a loveseat like in the newer models across from the sofa.

@ThePair how and where did you install the bunk bed? Do you have pictures ? I'm imagining something that disassembles so the shell can fold down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
I did the bunk beds, so that would conceptually make 3 in the SL (2 on the bottom couch pulled out, one on the bunk). Our plan was always to have kids sleep on the floor if needed -- but when ours bring friends, they all just sleep in a tent.

Mods completed so far : New flooring; New Curtains; Removed Thetford for CAMCO portable; installed 110 volt refrigerator

Mods to be installed : 300 watt renogy solar system (MTTP controller), 3000 watt inverter, Automatic transfer switch, 2 - 6 volt Trojan FLA batteries; Scissor Jacks; LED lighting inside and out.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #6
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonv31 View Post
That's really interesting... I still haven't converted my 3020 (1996) yet, I still have the little recliner and TV Stand (such a useless configuration imo lol). My plan was to build a loveseat like in the newer models across from the sofa.

@ThePair how and where did you install the bunk bed? Do you have pictures ? I'm imagining something that disassembles so the shell can fold down.
Check this thread: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=12848

It should tell you all you need to know about it. I can attest that this many years later, everything continues to work perfectly.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:25 PM   #7
jasonv31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePair View Post
Check this thread: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=12848

It should tell you all you need to know about it. I can attest that this many years later, everything continues to work perfectly.
Hmmm thats for a slide out... I have a bed on that end. (Mine 3023 sleeps 6 by default) i was looking at how to use something like that over the couch or loveseat though. That could be possible... Maybe the OP could use something like that. @amijab

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Old 06-01-2018, 06:20 AM   #8
amijab

Thanks f oi r the info and the bunk plans. I love the trailmanor concept of how the are low profile while driving. My problem is we have oodles of kids so we need a solutuon to sleep more kids in case we are in bear country etc. Dont really want the extra kids in a tent in those places!
amijab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #9
jasonv31

Quote:
Originally Posted by amijab View Post
Thanks f oi r the info and the bunk plans. I love the trailmanor concept of how the are low profile while driving. My problem is we have oodles of kids so we need a solutuon to sleep more kids in case we are in bear country etc. Dont really want the extra kids in a tent in those places!
I understand... Except for me it's kids and grandkids haha

I would focus on the largest models like we did (of course) if your tow vehicle is able to handle it (light truck, van or mid to large suv). For us we knew we could make space with those... . We look forward to seeing you in the forum!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Old 06-01-2018, 01:41 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

When I was a kid, my folks would take my brother and me on long camping trips with a small tent trailer called a Kwik Kamp. We towed the camper with a Suburban, and when night came, my brother and I slept in the back of it. Air mattresses, sleeping bags, flashlights, ghost stories, and screen mesh over the partially-opened windows - it was great. Perhaps you could give your kids a much-coveted rotating chance to do the same.

Someone on this forum (sorry, can't remember who) did a very nice refit of his Suburban into something called the "Campurban". Perhaps you can find it with the Search tool, or the author will speak up.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote