TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-25-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
live2shopnc

Default adjusting breaks

I called TM today to find out where they recomended putting a jack to lift the TM to adjust the breaks. The service person I talked with said on my 04 to just use the jacks to lift it off the ground and it would not bother the frame.(one side at a time) I have read other post that say not to do this. Any opinions?
When I called I asked to speak with Ed; the lady I talked with said his Father had passed away and he was at the funeral.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:32 AM   #2
Frenchy
Site Sponsor

Default Re:adjusting breaks

I adjusted my brakes last weekend. I lowered the front end as low as it would go with the tongue jack. I the cranked the back two stabilizing jacks out until they touched the ground. I then used the tongue jack to raise the tires off the ground. I then cranked the front two stabilizing jacks out until they touched the ground. Both tires were off the ground and the TM was very stable with no fear of falling off a jack or jack stand. This worked very well and I felt completely safe crawling under the TM. I do have an electric tongue jack which made this easy to do but I think you could do it with a manual tongue jack too.
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
MikeD
Site Sponsor

Default Re:adjusting breaks

I just finished adjusting my brakes last week. I used a bottle jack under the frame (not the suspension) just back from the wheels to lift the side of the TM (easier than jacking it up), and then I lowered the front and rear jacks on that side to support and stabilize the trailer before crawling underneath of it.

The adjusting procedure is described in:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabb...80&start=0

See Denny_A's response.

MikeD
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote