TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #1
biznaga

Default Does the BAL leveler work or is needed on TMs?

I have a BAL leveler to level and help stabilize my popup. Works good for that. Does anyone use one on their Trailmanor?
Old 09-13-2006, 04:57 AM   #2
rtcassel
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biznaga
I have a BAL leveler to level and help stabilize my popup. Works good for that. Does anyone use one on their Trailmanor?
I use the TM's jacks mostly, but use the BAL leveler if the slope is bad enough (maybe 10% of the time). Sometimes the TM has to be lifted enough by the jacks to get the BAL under the tire (I have 14" tires). A link to the CW page:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...21017&src=SRQB
Equal-i-zer 1000, Prodigy, McKesh, UnderCover
rtcassel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

I use a BAL leveler at home. I don't have a level place to set up the TM and do not have the luxury of backing straight in to the storage area so I can't use the board under the tire system. I have used the leveler at some camping areas only if the site is way off level. I can get the leveler under the tire without using one of the jacks but it is much easier to when the jack takes some of the weight off of the suspension. Link to BAL:
http://www.norcoind.com/bal/products...ireleveler.htm
Mike

FYI: Here is a Level & Stabilize writeup from BAL:
http://www.norcoind.com/bal/howto.htm

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
biznaga

Thanks for info.

So if I get a TM I will keep the BAL Leveler.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
RCCBV1

The BAL leveler is rated for 3500 pounds. It is not required for the TM. I have one that I used on my tent camper, but do not carry it with me for the TM because of the BAL leveler weight. After you look at the various threads on leveling, you will have to do it a few times to figure out what works best for you.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
2manypets
Site Sponsor

I couldn't get the BAL leveler to work on my 15 inch tires. They were just a tiny bit too big. I ended up giving it to my brother for his pop-up.
2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:21 AM   #7
rsalejandro

I saw that the BAL leveler was only good for lighter weight so opted for a pillow type leveler used for pop-ups. You use a foot pump to raise it up and it works great!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

resurrecting the dead here on this post, but I too have a Bal leveler from my popup, I asked TM if it can be used on a 2720SD , I got a reply from Sonja, saying yes. here is her reply in case others have been thinking about using theirs. I am going to try it in the driveway before I take it out just to make sure it does the job.

"
Sorry for the delay,
Yes a BAL leveler could be used. Its recommended although to use a regular level and adjust the jacks. Both methods are fine.

Thanks,
Sonja

On 12/12/2015 8:38 AM, Craig wrote:

The following information was submitted on Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 08:38:28
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Craig

Email:

SendTo: 3

ZipCode:

Phone:

Comment: Hi, I recently purchased a 2720SD
with 14" tires and was wondering if I could use a BAL Leveler on a trailmanor to level the unit side to side ?

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:24 AM   #9
klpauba

I considered the BAL Leveler but opted for the "Andersen Camper Wheel Chock and Leveler" instead. First thing I do when I reach the camp site is to determine the low side (based on the bubble level on the electric jack). I put the leveler under the wheel on the low side and inch the vehicle and trailer forward until it's level (in the street-to-curb direction). When leveled in the one direction, I chock the leveler and the other wheel, disconnect the TV and level the trailer fore-and-aft (using the electric jack). Finally, the stabilizers are cranked down.

I'm guessing this is quicker and easier than jacking up the low side another way.
TM: 2005 2720SL -- lift kit, 15" Maxxis, LEDs, Husky ejack, GenPro soft start, 2300W gen, "H-Bridge", 1.44 cf Edgestar frig/freezer, 2xGC2, 1KW Inverter w/auto xfer switch, Trimetric Batt Monitor, 300W Solar (1 glass & 2 flex panels), EP Solar MPPT, Thetford Curve
TV: 2021 F-150 PowerBoost XLT Hybrid -- 7.2 kW Onboard Generator Option
Previous TV: 2012 Traverse -- "Stockton" 24V Boost Device

Map of where we've camped in our TM:
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/IAMNMONEsm.jpg
klpauba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #10
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I agree with klpauba - Anderson leveler is very easy and quick. Have the wife watch the bubble, stop when level, chock, and done. BAL leveler costs more, and the Anderson won't break, and takes no physical effort to use. It does take up a bit more space in storage, though.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote