TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #1
Rex Hensley

Default Roof mounted AC

I am considering putting a roof mounted AC on my trailer instead of the side mounted unit that went dead last summer. Does Trailmanor sell a "kit" or parts for roof mountings? I have been looking at that Coleman Mach series that are <80lbs and have high BTU outputs. What is the recommended output for my Trailmanor 2619 for South Texas heat? Thanks Rex
Rex Hensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Rex -

What year is your 2619?

I think 13,500 or 15,000 BTU is the right number for you. Have you considered how to get electrical power up to the unit?

I have never heard that TM sells a "kit of parts". I think you would need to install it according to the installation instructions that come with the unit.

Be aware that if you add that kind of weight to the roof, you will have to adjust the tension on the torsion bars that lift the shell. If there is not enough adjustment left, you will need to buy and install new torsion bars. Not cheap, but doable.

Adding the air conditioner to the roof will, of course, add to the overall height of your TM. Depending on where you store it, this may or may not be a concern.

If you decide not to go through with the roof installation, there is a lot of info on this board about installing a new cabinet-mounted unit, which one to choose, how to control the air flow, etc. A SEARCH will turn it up - look especially for posts by HarveyRV.

Finally, this is a strange place to post your question. I will let it stand for a couple days, then move it to the Appliances section where it belongs.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote