TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
moneeleann

Default My dream is going to become a reality!

Ok, after much searching, I've finally found the TM for us!

We are getting a 2005 3023.

It's got a couple of repairs that need to be made, so we're getting it at a fantastic price!

I already found a wdh, the camco 1000 lb one. Just today I had to order a new receiver, because of COURSE, the one I have says not to use with a WDH, lol. That will be here Friday, and we'll get that installed this weekend. Also on the way, a roll of white eternabond, caulking, putty tape, and white appliance spray paint for any touch ups.

The owners have been gracious enough to agree to deliver it to me, a long trek of over a thousand miles, for a small fee. Yes, I am buying it sight unseen, but I have checked it out a bunch in photos, and have videos on the way as well. As crazy as it sounds, I feel like the owners have been completely honest with me, and I am excited about restoring this beauty back to pristine condition. The price I'm getting it at allows me a lot of leeway in the restoration process.

Just thought you all would enjoy waiting with me. I'll get it on the 4th of August, and can't wait! Here is a pic of my new baby as the sellers get her ready for her voyage... (I've got pics all over the place, but this was the best one on this computer, lol).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	monee75.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	7714  
Old 07-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
clown9644

Congratulations! I know you will enjoy. Good luck on getting things in order so you can hit the road.

Dave
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Redhawk

Congrats on the TM, we basically did the samething when we bought the Elkmont, I guess we could have walked away, but after traveling 900 miles, you kinda find a way to make it work. The sellers were honest with us, but there were things wrong that we only found out about after getting it home and taking a camping trip. I think a lot of the issues were a result of the Elk sitting for a long time and lack of TLC. It's all turned out good though, as I'm sure your's will too. Have fun!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
Dave99gst

congrats !
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
moneeleann

Well.... ETA has changed to August 5th sometime in the morning. Which is fine. I'm here at my parents house where it is being delivered. Spending one of the last nights in my beloved popup. I'm sentimental, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love my trailmanor, right?

Think of me tomorrow, as I discover the joys of the trailmanor.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I hope it is everything you've been dreaming about! Enjoy!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
moneeleann

Default It's here, it's here!!!!

Just thought I'd check back with you all and let you know that my TM srrived safely Sunday late afternoon.

I'm having so much fun with it! I've got it set up at my parents' house in the country. It needs a lot of cleaning and TLC, so we've been staying here working on it until I have to go back to work on Friday. It's a slow process, with the baby and all, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far.

Bathroom is completely clean and in total working order. Looks brand new and everything works like a charm.

Fridge was a bit moldy, but it's all cleaned and looks good. Keeping everything nice and cold on electric, haven't tried the other settings yet.

Most of my cabinets and drawers have been cleaned out, and I've transferred just about all of my stuff over from the popup. Amazing amount of storage in it! Of course, I travel light, to make everything fit in the popup, and we aren't adding much, to keep things lightweight, so we have lots of space for our belongings.

Several minor repairs to be done, and we're working on those. Decided to just replace the vents while I redid the roof seam, so those are on their way. Will be repairing the roof leak this weekend.

Apparently, I have a bolt sheared off on a torsion bar, according to my dad, who checked it out. So we need to replace that. No wonder it's having troubles lifting. That's tomorrow's project.

I was so sentimental about my popup, but now that I'm in this one, I love it so much more. I'm so glad we got this, and thank you to all of you, who helped me make the decision, and helped me with all of my questions!

Oh yay, and now I can officially join the trailblazers! LOL
Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
TexasCamper

Default Congrats!

Congrats! I really like the colors of your interior. Certainly beats the brown & brown & brown colors in my interior. I wonder if your colors came that way from TM or whether the prior owner had something to do with it.

John
TV#1: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8L Touring w/ tow package, WDH) (*retired 2018*)
TV#2: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder (w/ tow package, WDH)
TV#3: 2018 Ford F150 (w/ tow package, WDH)
TexasCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
knoxjere

Default Colors

Our 2006 2720 had the same interior colors as this 2005 3023 and we loved the blue curtains and the design on the valances. Our 2012 has the beige interior and it is pretty ho-hum! I don't believe I have ever seen a cabinet hanging over the dinette seat in a 3023. I like that extra storage.

Congrats on your purchase...I think you will love it!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Congrats! I love hope you enjoy your new-to-you TM as much as I love mine. Went to a scout camp and stayed in cabins and missed my TM so much. Next time we go, the Camp Director said to bring it with and we would find room for it!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote