TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-22-2003, 01:45 PM   #21
Windbreaker

Default Re:Camping in the Intermountain West vs elsewhere in the nation...

Even when I drink beer, I like to do something, target shooting, snooker shooting, rapids shooting, whatever, just something.
Old 08-24-2003, 03:09 PM   #22
Happytrails

Default Re:Camping in the Intermountain West vs elsewhere in the nation...

GreyGhost, I've not tried the saltwater fishing trips before, but would love to. I do own a bass boat, but only freshwater fish with it. But yeah, I'd really like to try that sometime. Surf fishing is nice because you don't have to really do anything for it, just stick your rodholders in the sand, throw the lines out, and do what ya came to the beach for to begin with, simply relax. Ray, as I grew up on a lake, I do swim, but I don't care for swimming in the ocean either. Of course the outter banks isn't known for it's swimming areas due to it's strong undertow's and riptides. One thing I do like is crabbing on the sound side. The water's so shallow, you can walk out so far in it that you look like a dot in the distance from the beach without ever going over your head! Though I'd been to the OBX several times, year before last was the first time I tried that and really liked it. I was amazed at all the saltwater "hermit" crabs that were there....lol, didn't even know they existed in saltwater. (I was mainly catching blue, and soft shell crabs though.) At one point I was walking along for a long way behind a stingray slowly swimming along in water about knee deep. My dog really liked that place to because the water was really calm, and shallow, and he could run around in it just fine. (He hid under my blazer when out on the ocean side.) Anyway, to each their own I suppose. I'm EXTREMEMLY busy at my work running around all over the place, the quiet serenity of a beach appeals to me......

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.....[/glow]