TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2003, 03:36 AM   #1
smookie

Default A couple of storage ideas

A while ago, there was a thread on storage in the TM.

We found that we got more use out of the hanging closet by using a hanging hamper in there with our clothing. The hamper is vinyl and has a hook that goes over the rod. I got it in Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Also, the clear vinyl shoe bag is a short one and we put socks, underwear and some shoes in it. This frees up the drawer space for other clothing.

In the little drawer near the stove, we put those small, rectangular plastic baskets, from a dollar store, to make a silverware organizer. Ordinary ones were too large. One goes across the back with things you don't need as often, and three go in front of it, side by side for forks, knives and spoons. This keeps everything from sliding around.

Old 06-27-2003, 04:54 AM   #2
dennisu

Default Re:  a couple of storage ideas

i would imagine that this thread will get a lot of replies.  we also have made some storage modifications to help our particular situation.  

first of all i built a riser for our tv that sits on the counter next to the sink and above the fridge.  (we have a 2001, 3023)  this riser is plywood, painted, and raises the tv about 10" off the counter so that the entire counter space is still useable, some of it is underneath this riser.  the riser is cut out on the back side so that it fits over the velcro ledge.  works really well for us, and keeps all the cords etc that you wind up with out of site.  our dvd player also fits nicely underneath!

we also use the cabinet underneath the back bed in a much better way than was planned by tm.  in order to free up drawer space we bought four, two for each shelf, tupperware type containers that we keep our undies, t-shirts, handkerchiefs, and socks etc in.  two fit just perfectly on top of each other just inside the door on each shelf and the remainder of the space behind, or really to the side of these containers is used for shoes as well as extra, small propane bottles, electric disc furnace etc.    

in addition to these, since we conduct business with our tow vehicle, we are very limited in what we can carry additional in the tow vehicle.  therefore i was in desparate need of a good place to carry the necessities such as leveling pieces and various tools, a jack, water and sewer hoses etc.  i built a lightweight stand out of 2x2's, with spaces in between, that fits over the battery compartment and is the width of the tongue of the trailer.  this platform is sturdy and allows me to carry all the mentioned items in a rather large plastic sturdy black tub from wally world on it.  it does add some weight to the front but it has been a life saver for me and has caused no problems.  the platform was constructed so that only the black box has to be removed to set up the tm.  the blackbox is attached to the tongue in various locations with bungies.  the platform can remain in place.  it has ridden 10,000 miles in the last 13 months and has worked wonderfully.  the storage, or lack of,  is the thing i find most challenging with our tm considering the way we use it mostly for business.  we feel that we have overcome some of the challenges and like everyone else we love our tm!
Old 06-27-2003, 07:20 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Am I the only one using the inside of the back bumper to carry the sewer hoses?
Quote:
...therefore i was in desparate need of a good place to carry the necessities such as leveling pieces and various tools, a jack, water and sewer hoses etc.  i built a lightweight stand out of 2x2's, with spaces in between, that fits over the battery compartment and is the width of the tongue of the trailer.  this platform is sturdy and allows me to carry all the mentioned items in a rather large plastic sturdy black tub from wally world on it....
Almost any topic here that refers to the sewer hoses states that they are being stored in some inside cubby or such and usually the water hoses are involved in the same storage area. I try to keep the two separated as far from one another as possible and I don't want the sewer hose inside the walls of my TM at any time. I keep the sewer adapters in the under bumper box at the rear of the TM.
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 07:33 AM   #4
smookie

We keep our sewer hose in the bumper and store our water hose inside the car in a plastic box. We shake out the remaining water,  screw the two ends together so it stays in a loop and keep it totally away from our sewer hose.

We also have two sewer hoses, of different lengths. One for a sewer connection that is very close and one that is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h. It is good to keep some soap in the back of the car (in the plastic box) and some rubber gloves for the "fun" job of dumping the sewer.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:47 AM   #5
dennisu

Default Re: a couple of storage ideas

i guess i should clarify.  the water hose that i refer to stored in the black box is the one i use to spray off the tm when i am in the process of leaving the camp site.  we use the sewer solution which works great for us and is easily rolled up and stored after cleaning in its own water proof bag.  our water hose for the tm water supply is stored in the back compartment with the generator since it is not needed until the tm is open.  i am definitely in agreement that the two hoses should not be stored together.  

dennisu    
Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #6
DerekRowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by smookie View Post
A while ago, there was a thread on storage in the TM.

We found that we got more use out of the hanging closet by using a hanging hamper in there with our clothing. The hamper is vinyl and has a hook that goes over the rod. I got it in Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Also, the clear vinyl shoe bag is a short one and we put socks,
discount underwear and some shoes in it. This frees up the drawer space for other clothing.

In the little drawer near the stove, we put those small, rectangular plastic baskets, from a dollar store, to make a silverware organizer. Ordinary ones were too large. One goes across the back with things you don't need as often, and three go in front of it, side by side for forks, knives and spoons. This keeps everything from sliding around.
I make use of lingerie bag to stop sliding around, but I really liked your way of doing it. Small adjustment matters a lot