TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-10-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
rjhornaman

Smile New owners of a 2720SL

Hello all! We have just entered the wonderful world of the TM! My hubby and I bought a 1999 2720SL on Tuesday and can hardly wait to get her out and about. The previous owners didn't use it much, so the only imperfections are the clip on top of the fridge door is broken (the one that holds the door closed) & they must have loved the picture & the chair so they took them with them. Everything else is in perfect shape & we only paid $7495.00 for it! All appliances & mechanics have been checked out and are in perfect condition! I can hardly believe how wonderful this trailer is & how easy it has been to set it up! Just wanted to thank everyone for the great tips, it's helpful to be able to know the answer to a problem prior to experiencing it! We especially appreciated the warning about the bed tipping out if it's not on the track!

Rick & Joy
Old 06-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congratulations on finding your TM. Sounds like you got a good deal.

If you haven't checked the age of the tires, you might want to do that..they might be original. Ours looked brand new, but we had a blowout last summer and this would most likely not have happened had we replaced the tires when we bought the TM. Turns out they were the original tires.

Happy Camping!
Old 06-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #3
rjhornaman

Thanks for the advice, you may have saved us a disaster! Hubby checked the tires & now we are a confused! The tires on our TM are 14" & say 35 p.s.i. on the tire. But the TM Manual strictly advises 50 p.s.i. Obviously these are not the original tires to the trailer, and I hardly believe these are the right ones! What to we need to get for tires for this baby?

Rick & Joy
Old 06-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #4
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Lightbulb Goodyear Marathons is......

.......what you are looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhornaman
Thanks for the advice, you may have saved us a disaster! Hubby checked the tires & now we are a confused! The tires on our TM are 14" & say 35 p.s.i. on the tire. But the TM Manual strictly advises 50 p.s.i. Obviously these are not the original tires to the trailer, and I hardly believe these are the right ones! What to we need to get for tires for this baby?

Rick & Joy
Search this forum for "Goodyear Marathon" tires. You'll get somethng like this:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...Goodyear+tires

Tires are 14 inch, 50 psi, 1860 lb max load capacity (3720 total on TM).

The 35 psi tires you have, if trailer tires are Load Range "B". Load Range "C" is a step up to 50 Psi. LR "D" = 65 psi.

Here's a link to info about the tire:

http://www.etrailer.com/z-145DW-205BC.aspx

I disagree with load capacity number shown in the above link, since the correct capacity has been discussed many times in this forum. Should be 1860, vice 1760 in the link.

HTH - denny_A
Old 06-17-2005, 09:01 AM   #5
rjhornaman

Default Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I can't thank all of you enough! Thanks to everyone's help, I have the new tires ordered & are going on the TM Saturday! Just in time, as we are taking her on vacation Monday morning!

Joy
Old 06-17-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
Bl95070

Can you use the LR-A tires for spare? Is your existing spare tire a LR-B?