TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
bheisser

Default Article on the company's new owners

had not seen this posted yet,,, article on the new ownership, management and facility (s) sounds like great news

https://rv-pro.com/news/religious-co...or-shine-again
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #2
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheisser View Post
had not seen this posted yet,,, article on the new ownership, management and facility (s) sounds like great news

https://rv-pro.com/news/religious-co...or-shine-again
Great article. Hope they can get it all working well again. Can't wait to watch the progress.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Bob, thx for posting link to article. It sounds like they've seen Trailblazers and FB info, but aren't aware of this forum. There's a lot of info here they may find useful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #4
oldstick
TrailManor Master

That is very interesting. It sounds similar to some of the local industries in this area. There are several communities of Mennonites that are into fabrication of stuff like outdoor furniture, gazebos, the pre-built backyard storage sheds and workshops etc. And they make some really well built stuff for a reasonable price.

Looking at their literature, it seems like there is a business headquarters somewhere, with builders located all over multiple states doing the production, sales and delivery. Such as the Mennonite families in our area.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:49 AM   #5
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Oh, and while I am at it, here is my number one piece of feedback, in case the new owners do read any of this.

Although I don't foresee ever buying another camper of any type at my age, please make the removable cassette toilet the standard equipment. After all isn't that one actually the least expensive, unless I'm mistaken?

With possible options for the flush/tank models or even the old trusty Electromagic, for those who want that.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #6
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

One great, positive step is to put quality control into the production process. The dealers or the customers should not be the party to find all the mistakes and problems of a finished unit. This comment is directed at the industry, not specifically TrailManor.

How hard could it be to pressurize the plumbing to see if there is a slow leak? How about testing each 12V outlet for not only power but also for polarity?
How about running an amp test on the brakes to see if none, one or both brakes are connected.

I pick on these because my unit built in 2011 had problems like that.

But also test the furnace, the AC, the front Jack, water test the windows and even perhaps axle alignment. How hard can this be??
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:16 AM   #7
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

I agree with Brittany Dogs as I had about the same problems with my 2011. Multiple plumbing leaks in both bathroom and kitchen area. I even had the bathroom mirror fall off, thank God that it only happened during travel and the mirror was lying on the bathroom partition. I reinstalled it myself. Just sloppy work which could easily have been avoided if they had had some quality control and spend time on detail. It should not be on the back of the buyers or even the dealers to cleanup their sloppy workmanship. I hope that the new owners spend time on this forum and learn from us where the problems lie which should not be that hard to correct.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:28 PM   #8
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

I've also had my mirror fall off (in transit). 2 of the mirror trim pieces also fell off. How did you reinstall?

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:46 AM   #9
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Used a good PLC adhesive on both the strips and the mirror itself. Held every thing in place with lots of masking tape for about a day. That was six years ago and still no problem. Hope this helps. Ended up doing this fix while camping.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #10
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottieMom View Post
Bob, thx for posting link to article. It sounds like they've seen Trailblazers and FB info, but aren't aware of this forum. There's a lot of info here they may find useful.
At the end of the article, it says that he read the forum as part of his research.

“Honestly, I don’t think you can put a limit on the potential of this project. I’ve talked to two dealers, I’ve read the (TrailManor Owner's Pages) forum, I’ve been on Facebook,” he said, “and the positives outweigh the negatives so much.”
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote