TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
VIHCBR

Default Thinking about a new 2518 KD

We had a 2006 3124KB bought used in 2015 and we loved the interior space, but found it a bit big and cumbersome for the travel part of our camping experiences (hey, we live in south Texas and it takes us 2 days to even get out of the state!!!). Problem was solved when another driver fell asleep at the wheel and hit us (well, the trailer - we managed to steer the truck off the road enough to avoid her hitting us directly) head on. Ya. These light weight trailers don't take a direct hit at 55mph too well ...
Anyhow after giving ourselves some time to overcome the trauma, we're starting to think about another TM trailer. Thinking a 2518 KD might be just about right IF the dinette can be made into another bed. Brochure says sleeps 4 so I'm assuming that's the case. Anyone know for sure? Anyone have a 2518 KD (or a 2417 KD)? Want to share your feelings about the space or lack thereof? How annoying is it to not have a bathroom sink or cabinets? Ease of parking in a parking lot (to get groceries or have a meal at a restaurant while en route to your final camping destination)? If you bought new, ballpark cost would be appreciated. TM website is pathetic. No dealer close by...
Thanks for any and all info shared. )
VIHCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Purely speculation, but I don't know that you will ever find a new 2518, or any new TM. Unfortunately, I have not seen mention of a new TM being delivered to a customer for a long time.

But, since prices for the 2417 were about $2,000 less than a 2720 when they were producing both, and assuming the 2518 may be priced a bit higher than a 2417, and assuming a little increase in pricing from 2015, I would project a dealer sticker price of a 2518KD with normal options to be about $29,000. However, since there are none that I found online, they may not even exist to purchase. I only found 2 new 2720s online, and they were $29,000+, and old model years.

But, I have a 2014 2417KD. So, to answer some of your questions:

Yes, they sleep 2 adults in the king bed, and the dinette can accommodate one adult 5' 10" or less, or two kids under 14 years old, roughly. I also bought a cot, and put it up at bedtime for the two nights a year when I have four adults sleeping in it, for opening weekend of pheasant season. Tight, but there is still space to brush teeth, etc.

Without the cot, and with the dinette as a dinette, DW and I feel we have plenty of room. I can be preparing a meal (I cook outside on a separate stove, to keep grease off the inside), and DW can move around. We have the 3-drawer dresser, and hanging cabinet, so with the kitchen drawers, under-sink storage, and under-bench storage, there is good storage room inside. Plus, we have a large storage compartment accessible from the outside, so we put our canopy, camp chairs, grill, tables, etc. in the back end.

We find no problem not having a bathroom sink or cabinet, as it is quite simple to use the sink and keep toiletries handy outside the bathroom. Showers are not a problem, either. I just dry the shower curtain and floor when I am done, and we can then use the toilet without getting wet feet. I especially like the cassette toilet, as I can empty that into any toilet/vault toilet, without going to a dump station.

Parking or getting gas is not much different than without the TM connected. In grocery store parking lots, I just pull through one spot, and park in both when the parking spaces are head-in to one another. I can park on the edge of parking lots if we want to run into a restaurant while on the road. Towing at 18' tongue to bumper is likely easier than a 24' trailer when it comes to stopping along the way.

It does not appear that you are a member of this site ($12/yr), so I can't send you a private message. If you can send me a private message, please do so, with an email address.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
VIHCBR

Thank you so much for your response. We aren't in any big hurry one way or the other, so I guess our search will continue. )
VIHCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #4
bheisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Purely speculation, but I don't know that you will ever find a new 2518, or any new TM. Unfortunately, I have not seen mention of a new TM being delivered to a customer for a long time.

But, since prices for the 2417 were about $2,000 less than a 2720 when they were producing both, and assuming the 2518 may be priced a bit higher than a 2417, and assuming a little increase in pricing from 2015, I would project a dealer sticker price of a 2518KD with normal options to be about $29,000. However, since there are none that I found online, they may not even exist to purchase. I only found 2 new 2720s online, and they were $29,000+, and old model years.
check out
http://www.prosserrv.com/trailmanor-...ake=trailmanor

and

http://www.bankstonmotorhomes.com/rv...ber=trailmanor
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

As I said, I was speculating, and didn't find new units in my searches.

The 2518 listed by Prosser is "On Order". It has a VIN, so that is encouraging.

Glad TM may be getting some units out that dealers are accepting!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:03 AM   #6
Shane826
TrailManor Master

When did trailers go to a 15 digit VIN? I'm pretty sure mine has 17 like a car.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote