TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-05-2023, 04:02 PM   #11
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
Where did you find it?
We found it on "Facebook Marketplace" Southern California. It was about 40 minutes from our home. We picked it up in the Inland Empire. I have been searching for one for several years, just to go see one. When we went to look at it, we both really liked it so we went to the bank and got the $.

Now I just have to figure out whether to take the solar equipment, inverter and LiFeP04 battery out of the 2720SL and put all that in the Elkmont. It's about $3,000 worth of equipment (and a lot of hours of labor) and it would increase the asking price for the 2720SL substantially to the point that it may not be marketable. I just hate to pull all that stuff out though because it is a truly self-sustainable set-up. We've never had to use hook-ups since I finished building it out.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:12 PM   #12
Mapanther32

That's a TrailManor?? How does it fold down with all those cabinets?
Mapanther32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:02 PM   #13
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapanther32 View Post
That's a TrailManor?? How does it fold down with all those cabinets?
For a few years, Trailmanor made a non-foldable version using the same lightweight construction methods. If I had room in my driveway I'd have considered one, but the reason I got Trailmanor in the first place was because it was a hard sided trailer with a full washroom that could fold up.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:32 PM   #14
Mapanther32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
For a few years, Trailmanor made a non-foldable version using the same lightweight construction methods. If I had room in my driveway I'd have considered one, but the reason I got Trailmanor in the first place was because it was a hard sided trailer with a full washroom that could fold up.
Yes! That was the selling points for us, as well. Love it!!
Mapanther32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 07:57 AM   #15
Rolling Thunder

Wavery, I’ve tried to look back to your posts regarding your 13 gallon black tank and RV toilet. My TM toilet is faltering and I’m looking into options as the last thing I want to do is repair the recirculating dinosaur.
Did you do any posts here on your change out?
Thanks,
Tony
Rolling Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 09:21 AM   #16
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Wavery, I’ve tried to look back to your posts regarding your 13 gallon black tank and RV toilet. My TM toilet is faltering and I’m looking into options as the last thing I want to do is repair the recirculating dinosaur.
Did you do any posts here on your change out?
Thanks,
Tony
Here is a link to my build post.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ght=fiberglass

If you are good with fiberglass and not a big person, this really isn't that terrible of job. It was very hard on me because I'm 6'2" and 225#. I'm also in my late 70's with extreme arthritis in my wrists which makes working with my hands difficult.

If I were in my 40's or 50's this job wouldn't be bad. I have a long background in fiberglass production on sailboats. If I had it to do again, I would build a mold and just install the finished tank.

Either way, I recommend installing a steel reinforcement where the wheel well is. I used 10G steel plate and fiberglassed it in place during the fiberglass build. This pic was taken of the form, just before starting to lay the f/g.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4362a.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	410.5 KB
ID:	22866  
Old 12-10-2023, 10:11 AM   #17
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
My TM toilet is faltering ...
Just for the sake of interest, in what way is your recirc toilet faltering?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 11:41 AM   #18
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
Where did you find it?
I bought it in Riverside, CA. However, It was stored in Palm Springs for many years.

I sanded the front half of the roof real good, primed and painted it with Rustoleum white. Then I installed 2, 320W solar panels on the front. When it warms up a bit, I'll finish the back half. I just wanted to get the lithium battery and solar installed first.

I replaced all the (rusty) stabilizer jacks and installed an electric tongue jack. I hated those stabilizer jacks that have the hole in the drive unit. I prefer the ones with the 3/4" drive nut. The 3/4" socket in my cordless drill works so much nicer than putting an alan wrench in the drill. While the jacks were all removed, I painted the frame & tongue.

More projects.....