TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
aslag54

Default Trailmanor update

I'm looking to buy a new Trailmanor early next year. I was told several months ago the Nebraska factory didn't have their production line going yet, apparently a problem getting properly trained staff. Anyone know if they're in production yet?
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I think your best bet would be to contact the factory directly. Everything else, including dealers, is speculation.

I do know that the dealership I got mine from is supposed to get a few ordered units shortly. But, until they hit the lot, one can't be sure.

I hope they get production running soon, as it has been quite some time since the move. Hard to make ends meet if you are not selling product.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:54 PM   #3
ka9nyn

When I was there (Hartington, NE) in mid-August 2015, they did appear to have units under construction.

But I agree, contact them directly for their current production status.
2001 Trailmanor 2720 (NTU 7/18/2015, owner #3)
***Now, 15" tires, lift kit, new torsion bars.
ka9nyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
Popupbenji

Default Trailmanor update

Hi trailmanor family in Ben a prospect for a trailmanor I've camped in pups for years and really like the trailmanor I have tried to contact the factory for info and I'm getting skeptical about my purchase also I heard that they are filing bankruptcy does anyone have any current info on the companies status or future ....
Popupbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:02 PM   #5
Bowfreak

Depending on what department you try to reach they can be a little hard to get in touch with. However, I ordered some replacement parts about 2 months ago and again a couple weeks back directly from them so it would seem they are still operational.
Bowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:25 AM   #6
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Was quite a thread about the company's stability stemming from a letter months ago but has been no official word since.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:24 PM   #7
aslag54

Default This has me concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popupbenji View Post
I heard that they are filing bankruptcy does anyone have any current info on the companies status or future ....
Where did you get this bankruptcy information?

I had phone contact with the company early this month and confirmed the 2922KD I ordered in November was on the shop floor being built. I also called my dealer about 10 days ago to check progress and was told I should expect delivery mid January as quoted in my purchase order. As a safe guard I did have the dealer add a clause to the purchase order returning my down payment if the manufacturer is unable to deliver. This past July I used the Trailmanor website contact form and to my surprise Bob Eickhoff called me, he mentioned a problem finding qualified workers and hoped to get production going soon. Two more attempts through the website contact received no response but I've phoned a couple of times since and always got to talk to someone.
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:36 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Although I could be wrong, I don't think there is any real information saying "bankruptcy" - and I have scanned the trade rags looking for it. What happened is that several months ago, Cleo wrote a letter to the Trailblazers saying that she and Bob were "out of money", and looking for an investor. In the popular mind, this immediately became "bankrupt", although neither Bob nor Cleo have used the word.

Take this for what you will. But as Aslag and others have reported, the company is still working, if slowly, as they try to hire new workers. Since it is now several months since Cleo's letter, I take it as an encouraging sign. They have not given up - and as far as I know, have not filed.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:10 PM   #9
Padgett
TrailManor Master

See http://www.hoovers.com/company-infor...2265ba36e.html
Old 12-31-2015, 08:23 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Padgett -

I've never seen a Hoover's report, and I would really like to see this one. Can you make it available?

The Hoover's web site is interesting. As might be expected, the web site is basically a storefront for business reports on various companies. Very little info is given out unless you subscribe to their service. For Trail Manor, the web site says that Bob Eickhoff is the "Principal", no other executives. Annual sales of $1.1M, 14 employees. Company address is Jacksboro, TN. They have Trail Manor filed under both the RV Parks and Campgrounds industry, and the RV Manufacturing Industry. Ummm, say again?

That's all that is available without a subscription. This info is at least a year old, perhaps quite a number of years. In fact it might go back to the days when Bob was a Sales Manager for the old TM. If so, I'm not sure why it would list him as Principal.

There is a separate entry in the index for Trail Manor Manufacturing Co, the current name of the company. It lists Bob Eickhoff as a "Member", along with Cleo (also a Member) and Shelly Grossheusch (Production Manager). It says the company has 23 employees and $4.5 million in sales. I'm not going to bet my pension on the accuracy of some of this info, but it would be nice to see the full report.

Over to you, Padgett. Can you get us in?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote