TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #11
moaboy

I was south of virginia beach at Sandbridge once during a storm and high winds as a hurricane was off shore. Feels and sounds worse than it really is, but not my idea of having fun.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #12
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Be interesting to put a TM in a wind tunnel and see what happens. Tullahoma is just over 150 miles from Lake City (and real near Lynchburg).
Old 07-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #13
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

just sat out a pretty big storm in st augustine fl. Wind gusts 40mph + lots of rain (awning was down). The performance. Stable-yes. Dry-yes loud-very yes
Old 07-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #14
Laura FM

I have never camped in a hurricane - I live on the west coast. But I have been in some pretty high winds in both a tent trailer and a trailmanor. I felt much safer in the trailmanor. It felt pretty rock solid - I suspect more solid than a TT of the same length - since there is less surface to pick up the winds, and the stabilizers are much stronger than on a TT.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #15
moaboy

Are those extensions "wings" on a TM? One wonders how much lift they might provide? Just kidding, I don't want to find out.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #16
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

We have weathered two wind storms. The first hit about 2 in the morning and was breaking tent poles forcing people to break camp and go home. Don’t know the wind speed but the TM was rocking. The second was 60 MPH wind with maybe stronger gusts. Someone at the camp had a weather station for their trailer in the camp we were at. Both time DW was very worried and at times I was thinking ”Please no stronger.” There was no damage but little sleep either night. Not sure I would call it safe with those winds but as long as nothing blows into you the TM should remain standing at those wind speeds.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #17
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Question No Sigantue....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenne View Post
We are new owners, and have taken our first 'trial' 2 week trip......LOVED the TM!! I am thinking of getting a supplemental portable refrigerator (not a thermoelectric, but a real portable fridge)......does anyone have suggestions or experience with this? It could set on the dresser, next to the norcold, and would give us real freezer capacity.

Also - I'm new to this site - is there a better way to post a question? I only see a way to post a reply......?
On the top of this page is the header and if you look on the far left you will see "User CP" (or control panel). If you click on that you will see where you can add your signature with your tow vehicle,model and year for your Trailmanor. That way we will know what you have and will be able to address your questions better.

Now as to your question...I have a Chevy Silverado truck, which in the back bed I have installed an "inverter"...or a device that can take the 12 volts DC of my trucks electrical system and change it into 110 volts AC (like what your house runs on). This is all hooked into another 12 volt battery that is connected to the charging system in my truck so that as I drive, it charges both of my 12 volt batteries. I run the inverter off of this and can run a small office size fridge in the back of me truck off this system.

Now when parked at a campground, I have a switch where I can turn off the inverter in the back of my truck and a hook up to my TM's 110 volt AC from the campground to run this fridge from that when I am parked. This fridge is about the same size as the one inside my TM. So yes it is possible to do what you ask provided you have the room.

Lets say you want to ask about an appliance in your TM. At the bottom of the page will be a drop down menu...click on that and chose "appliances"..then at the top of the appliance page is where there is a button to push to "post a thread or reply"...you'll see it. That's how you start a thread or question.

Hope this helps...

Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote