TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
nickn2000

Default Factory LED running lights

Has anyone had any problems with the factory installed LED running lights on an Elkmont 24?
My combined Break, Turn, Running lights have several LEDs either out or filckering. I removed one of the lamps and it is a single unit with 18 LEDs in each unit (4 units in total). And the LEDs that are out are not the same ones used in each function.

There is no individual wiring to check. There are 3 sets of wires to each Lamp unit.

Anybody have any ideas?
TIA
Nick
2011 Elkmont 24
TV 2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
brulaz

No problems here. Although one of the tail lights did get a lot of water in it. Maybe that happened to yours and something shorted out? Have been experimenting with gasket sealant and grease to keep water out.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
nickn2000

I am going to talk to the dealer this week and get them fixed under warranty.
We had few problems the first year (Windows on drivers side leaked, then seams on roof). But this year the drain from the sink started to leak (it was not completely glued and broke loose - re-glued it) A leak around the skylight in the bath (have not been able to duplicate so I can fix), and a number of small problems with fit and finish. Now the lights, I bet those could cost a lot. Glad I can get them fixed for free this time.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickn2000 View Post
I am going to talk to the dealer this week and get them fixed under warranty.
We had few problems the first year (Windows on drivers side leaked, then seams on roof). But this year the drain from the sink started to leak (it was not completely glued and broke loose - re-glued it) A leak around the skylight in the bath (have not been able to duplicate so I can fix), and a number of small problems with fit and finish. Now the lights, I bet those could cost a lot. Glad I can get them fixed for free this time.
Our Elkmont had similar problems. The worst were fixed under warranty at the factory. The others I ended up fixing by myself because we are so far away from a dealer. The factory sent me the parts free of charge. Good luck with the lights.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
micheljames
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickn2000 View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the factory installed LED running lights on an Elkmont 24?
My combined Break, Turn, Running lights have several LEDs either out or filckering. I removed one of the lamps and it is a single unit with 18 LEDs in each unit (4 units in total). And the LEDs that are out are not the same ones used in each function.

There is no individual wiring to check. There are 3 sets of wires to each Lamp unit.

Anybody have any ideas?
TIA
Nick
2011 Elkmont 24
TV 2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
I have used many of them but no problem till now
micheljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
Redhawk

Sorry I can't provide an answer that would help you, BUT...I can tell you that if the LED assemblys are exposed to water, it will kill them. No need to explain how I know this. Hopefully once repaired and resealed, you'll be good to go.