TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-31-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Default We spent the weekend cleaning our TM

We decided we had put off cleaning the TM long enough & decided to tackle the Black Streaks. It ended up not being that big of a deal after all. We purchased the Thetford Black Streak Remover from Camping World thinking it probably wouldn't work. To our surprise it not only worked but was very labor friendly. 1 gal did whole trailer including roof with some left for future. I did notice a few dents on roof not sure how they got there we hadn't even ever been up there. Oh well I guess the roof can't be dent free for long since it dents so easily.

The hardest part was cleaning around the awning we thought it would never quit spitting out gunk LOL. Of course we cleaned with car wash before we used the Black Streak Remover & then cleaned again after. We had planned on giving it a coat of wax too but got lazy today so we will do that later.

Cleaning the awning went OK but we have noticed a couple of small stains that din;t come out.

Wheels where clean since they have been covered with wheel covers. I noticed the bumper is yellowing not sure I can really fix that.

Now on to interior.

We had cleaned & protected all upholstery including pillows, beds, valances & curtains before winter storage so it just needed vacuuming. Also wiped everything down for dust etc. Oh also put clean sheets in Travasaks.

My wife says we are now clean for upcoming trip

Now if I could find more time to finish a few projects I want to do before trip. I do plan on shower mod though.

We ate out there just like camping all weekend it was almost like camping. Can you tell we are ready for a trip!!!

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
CowboysFan78

What did you use to protect the upholstery? I wondered if we should do that, but so far we haven't!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysFan78 View Post
What did you use to protect the upholstery? I wondered if we should do that, but so far we haven't!
We used a Teflon Solvent based protector. Protector isn't bullet proof but it helps keep fibers clean longer & helps them not stain as easy.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote