TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-28-2004, 02:44 PM   #1
live2shopnc

Default AC heat strips

The heat strips in my AC don't seem to be heating as they should. Anyone have any idea how many amps they should pull? The air comming out of the unit is hardly warm.
Thanks Ed
Old 12-28-2004, 04:05 PM   #2
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Default Heat Strip

Ours only feels warm also, and the book says it is "intended to take the chill out of the indoor air when the air is a few degrees too cool for comfort" Just a "chill chaser" Nothing in the book about amp draw.
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:14 PM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default a/c heat strip

I don't have a heat strip on our 2002 3326King, but does the knob that regulates the coolness for the a/c also regulate the heat strip? Just a thought. Try turning the knob to the position where the a/c would not put out air that has a very a cold temperature and see what happens.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:07 AM   #4
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Default Heata Strip

yes, it will regulate the heat strip, not the intensity, but like the AC, it will cycle the heat off and on as the fan continues to run.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
amp17408

Question Heat Strip

We have a 2005 and according to our manual we have the air conditioner that looks like it should have the heat strip but our dealer said we don't have the heat strip. Do you know if it is something that can be added?
Old 12-31-2004, 04:42 AM   #6
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Cool Heat Strip

Wendy, have you looked at the AC manual? Is there a setting for heat on the contol knob?? I ask this because we have a 2005 and the dealer was very suprised when we tried the heat setting on the walk through and it worked!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:37 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Wendy -

At least when I bought my TM, the heat strip was an extra-cost (significant cost!) option. If you didn't order (and pay), you didn't get it. However, if you are at all handy, I think you can easily add one yourself. See, for example

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...=7971&src=SRQZ

Incidentally, when I ordered my TM, I asked the dealer if I should order the heat strip. His response was
"No. It is expensive, and it makes very little heat. If you are cold enough to need heat at all, it is easier to simply flip on the furnace."
I have never regretted taking his advice.

I carry a couple small electric heaters for times when I have hookups available. Their cost was substantially less than the heat strip, and they make more heat.

Just my 2 cents ...

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 09:54 AM   #8
amp17408

Yes, we do have a setting on the heat control knob and according to the AC manual we should have it, but when I asked our dealer on delivery, he said we don't have it.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:36 PM   #9
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default a/c heat strip

Wendy,

When we were at the TrailManor factory in August, 2004, Keith Hulsey told us that the Coleman a/c had the heat strip on it on all 2005 TrailManor models. I know that you bought the unit at Bryants RV after the Harrisburg RV show, and Josh or Brad must have told you in error about your a/c. Things change & they can't remember everything. It's just like buying a car that has so many changes each year. I would try it and see what happens. If not, call Ed Lytle at the factory to see what is going on. They have a toll free number 800-707-7061.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #10
amp17408

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_STRONG
Wendy,

When we were at the TrailManor factory in August, 2004, Keith Hulsey told us that the Coleman a/c had the heat strip on it on all 2005 TrailManor models.
Bob, thanks. I'm sending an email to Ed. I'll see what he comes back with.