TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
hhoenig

Default shower towel rack?

Does anyone use the towel bar located just off the tub/shower floor, or is that an assist bar? Seems kind of low for towels.
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:21 AM   #2
hal

It definitely is not an assist bar. We moved ours over to the wall adjacent to the kitchen and inside the bathroom. Be sure to check for clearance of wall when re attaching it. It was getting no use at all and now we can at least hang wash rags & hand towels on it.

Hal
Old 05-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We only use it for hanging washcloths. We either hang our towels from the ceiling on the fishing line I have strung up there (after everyone is done showering) or on an over-the-door set of hooks that we have on each side of the bathroom wall above the converter.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #4
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

It works perfectly for the bath mat just were it is.
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:03 AM   #5
BrigCA61

I would like to hear from the factory what that towel bar was intended for. I was thinking the same as hhoenig. I use mine to put the shower curtain into when not in use... I use a light weight metal towel bar that attaches with hooks over the wall between the shower and hall for hanging towels on, but it's not good enough to allow the towels to dry when they are wet, so I hang them over the support bars for the rear bed until they are dry.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:06 PM   #6
Woodsie

We are pretty new to this, but have come up with a few good ideas.... As for a towell rack, found an over the door chrome towell rack at Wally World(clearance for 5 bucks)about 2'wide,4'long, it fits perfectly on the inside of the bathroom wall right over the tub , the side opposite the faucet. Has 6 bars great for any towell or wet stuff nedding to dry, hangs right over the tub seat to catch drips and works great. When packing up it sets flat on the edges of the tub and fits perfectly allowing items like washcloths to hang dry on the way home too.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:43 PM   #7
PopBeavers

Default Drying towels

At the risk of deviating slightly off topic...

In our two trips so far, drying towels inside didn't work out well at all. It wasn't very hot and there was no air flow. I hung towels on the supports for the rock shield on the front window and they dried fine.

It looks to me that I might be able to find some replacement tent poles that are small enough in diameter to go through the holes in the rock shield where the latches connect. With the rock shield open, I should be able to extend the teno pole out to a total width of around 8'. That would provide approximately 2' of towel bar on each side of the rock shield.