TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2002, 07:56 AM   #1
oilspot

Default Newbie Questions

We hope to pick-up our "new" 1996 2720SL trailer this Friday.  Since, the seller is not familiar with the TM, I had a couple questions for anyone with some experience.

1.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the trailer connector?  I installed a 7-pin round connector, but not sure if they will mate up correctly (i.e. ground, 12V, turn signals, etc)

2.  Is there a set sequence for set-up and take-down of a 2720SL trailer?  I don't want to accidentally close up the trailer wrong and break something...

3.  Did this model year come with a power vent in the roof?

4.  What style fuse is required for the Thetford toilet?
Old 06-26-2002, 08:23 AM   #2
oilspot

Default Re: Newbie Questions

THanks Hal!

(I assume this agrees with your TM wiring harness?)

The shop will be doing the installation, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything "odd" about the TM connector.

My Last trailer used an 8-way square plug that was proprietary...  Until I got wise to trailer wiring and made my own 7-way round adapter.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:32 PM   #3
Happytrails

Oilspot, the plug in your TM is wired to a common "code" that is industry standard. The above diagram is the same for all 7 pin plugs. I forget what year the industry adopted it, but it's been a while as mine is wired to the same code. If you wired your hitch to that same code, it should be just fine. As for the fuse, I don't even know where it goes as I don't have the same gauge or anything on my terlit.

Happytrails.....
Old 06-26-2002, 01:24 PM   #4
hal

Enclosed are two views of the wiring hook up.  The top is for the TrailManor and the bottom is for the tow vehicle.  This should make it simpler to view each while attaching the wiring.
Hal
Old 06-26-2002, 05:53 PM   #5
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Oilspot  typed:

2.  Is there a set sequence for set-up and take-down of a 2720SL trailer?  I don't want to accidentally close up the trailer wrong and break something...

4.  What style fuse is required for the Thetford toilet?

Re #4: I replaced the standard 5 amp fuse with a 10 amp  fuse. But, a 7.5 amp fuse is, I believe what's curently in vogue. Seems the 5 amp is subject  to protecting a bit  to agressively. :-/

Re #2: Below (assuming this attachment works) is the checklist I use, and am constantly modifying. Usually I can't find the darn thing when actually setting up / taking down!

See next reply for chklst!

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Checklist fot TM 2720 SL:  ???  is not being accepted. 1024 KB is max attach size; my jpg is 60 KB, yet I got an error of 33 KB over allowance. So..... I'll sleep on it.
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 01:25 AM   #7
hal

Oilspot.

Go to [email protected] to request a brochure that is designed for step by step putting your TrailManor up and taking it down.

Hal
Old 06-28-2002, 02:10 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Oilspot  typed:

2.  Is there a set sequence for set-up and take-down of a 2720SL trailer?  I don't want to accidentally close up the trailer wrong and break something .....

I can't think of any way to do the setup (opening) wrong. Any sequence that works for you is OK.

On the other hand, you can mess up the takedown sequence in any number of ways - but good news, it is really hard to hurt anything. The fact of the matter is that you will develop your own takedown sequence through trial and error. We went through such mistakes as ....

Folding while the power cord is still out
Folding while the water hose is still out
Folding while the steps are still out
Folding while the TV antenna is still up
Folding while the ceiling vents are open
Folding while there is something thick on the bed
... and so forth ...

In each case, nothing breaks, but the TM just won't fold up right. You can feel that there is an obstruction as you try to collapse it. So just be sensitive to the feel of it, and don't try to moose it into place if it fights you. Go back and find out what is wrong.

By the way, we found that we made the most mistakes while we were "showing off" for other campers. Beware!

And happy camping!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 02:39 AM   #9
oilspot

Thanks for all the helpful posts!

We survived our first weekend with the trailer and only made a few boo-boo's.

Once we set-up and take-down a few times, we'll get it all figured out and done in one smooth motion.  Till then, we just take it slow.

Old 07-01-2002, 03:47 AM   #10

Oilspot,

As previously stated somewhere on this site I have developed several lists that are useful to us in handling our 2619 (close enough to a 2720). If you will send your email address (or mailing address) I will send them to you.

Dick_B
email: [email protected]

P.S. If you can find the Manual that comes with the RV it has the takedown procedure.