TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
jpcoll01

Default Renovating my 2720SL

Re-upholstered the couch and added laminate flooring this week, will add some pictures later. Was wondering if you can buy the tabs that are sewn into the curtains so my fiance can make us some new curtains? Has anyone done that before?
I'm looking to replace the chair, does anyone have any suggestions for short recliners that would be a good, light replacement?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
Scottie Dogs

Hi -

As far as the curtains go, my wife is a big sewer/quilter, and if you come up with any ideas that would be great, I am sure there is a way to do it. I would like to stay with the same system. This is our next project. Please post if you solve this...

As far as the chair goes we got a new small LA-Z-Boy on sale for $200.00 and it is wonderful, 60 pounds same weight as the chair that comes with the TM. The nice thing about it is you take the back off when you fold the TM down. It is just like home in the TM.

Check the pictures below, one picture is with the chair in place for travel, the back is on top of the seat, very cool. All the comfort you need.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	closed-camper.jpg
Views:	1574
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	7401   Click image for larger version

Name:	chair-low.jpg
Views:	1534
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	7402  
Old 05-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I have recently worked on my curtains. I have a 2007 3124 ks. The curtain glide tape on mine in no longer being produced. I have googled to the end of the earth and what I found was nada. There is a curtain glide tape made for the new style curtain tracks. The glide goes over and around the the track where before it went in the middle of the track.

I have found that two option that will work. The first and my favorite is a glide/carrier with elastic that runs through one side of it...I like this one best because you just stitch down the elastic in the area you want the glide to be located. This is actually made and used for Air Stream Campers. (La te da!) Finding the correct spot on the elastic to stitch them down was a little challenging but if your off a smidge they stretch so no bigee. Here is a link so you can see them...many rv dealers sell them some do put them on sale and there are 14 in a package:

http://www.adventurerv.net/airstream...ier-p-802.html

Another carrier runs about the same price and you would hand sew these on...but you do get 50 in a package. I have a package of them...and almost used them but they are bigger/clunkier and need to test one to see if they would need to be a problem. I have not done this testing and won't until another one on the original tape breaks. Look at the 3050 curtain slide at this link: http://www.recmar.com/products_accessories.html The slide is the correct size the plastic circle you stitch to the fabric seemed too large.

FTIW...you can also by and install slide/glides in the form of snaps. You you would need to install one side of the snap to the fabric and then slide the other side into the track and snap the two together. (I would remove the old plastic tape first)

I have also tried taking off the curtain glide tape and reusing it. It is hard to sew on my machine. The problem is not the thickness, my machine handles that. The problem sewing down the length of the tape past the glide piece. I have tried a zipper foot as well as no foot (won't try no foot again!) and I could not sew in a straight line...and I was sewing just inside the edge of the plastic tape.

I recently dyed my curtains...and it came our pretty good. I have tan curtains and I used Rit tan dye with hot water and immediately rehung them to dry with NO problems or shrinkage. Dye in small batches...do not over crowd the washer. I forgot to dye the bathroom curtain and had run out of dye and I used Rit Cocoa dye. The bathroom curtain is now my favorite curtain and I wish I had dyed them all with the Cocoa dye.

After my curtains were completely dry I ironed them and lined them using blackout fabric in the bed windows.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/de...58&operator=OR

I cannot find the diaper cover material on line at Hobby Lobby. Sorry...it is a lined knit maybe polyester.

I used a different fabric for the rest of the curtains. I will have to find the name it was about twice the price of the blackout fabric...but I used a 40 % off coupon. This fabric is similar to blackout but it is stretchy with good stretch. We have two large windows on either side of the camper and one in on the wall behind a deep cabinet so I wanted it to have more give since it gets tugged on more then the others. This fabric is something they said is fairly new is is meant to be used for decorative diaper covers and is water resistant but not water proof. I will try to get the links for these items and come back and post them.

To attach the lining material I ironed it on with a medium heat iron using http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...358559&first=0 I bought all of this at Hobby Lobby but I can't find the Ultra heat n bond at their site. It was about 3.40 per package and I used two packages and about 18 inches of the third package.

I now like my TM curtains. I also took off those tie backs...we never used them and they were always in the way.

I can not take credit for this idea...a sweet gal named Karen on this site emailed me and we discussed our options and costs. She used fabric from an old mill now out of business and said it is similar to a very good quality sheet. So a new white sheet or the color of your choice should also work and may cost less.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
MariaG

I don't know if this would be helpful as it does not reuse the same track system, but we put regular curtain rods in our TM - pictures in my blog, address below. At first I tried small buttons hand sewn to the back of fabric (not original fabric, those curtains were literally falling apart) but I didn't like the way it looked (downright awful). Now we have regular curtain rods and can buy standard rod pocket curtains at the store or make simple ones myself. I need to get some new pics up on the blog, that might be my June project.
See my TrailManor Repair blog at:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com/
MariaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Scottie Dogs

Thank you for this Countrygirl!!!

Dave
Old 05-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
klv5920

Country Girl, JoAnn fabrics might have your Ultra heat n bond. Online or in store.

Karen
Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
jpcoll01

Thumbs up

Wow! Great feedback. I really appreciate the time it took to type out all of that detail. I will share the post with my fiancé and let her figure out how to handle the curtain situation :-)
I finished the flooring and trim this evening and it looks great, has transformed the camper.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
Dave99gst

get them pics up !
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I want to recover my sofa...please share photos and how you did it.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #10
Scott O

Dave...do you have a model number for the chair you bought? The standard one is pretty uncomfortable and this looks like an excellent option.