TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
rtgetchell

Default Positive recent TM story

Hi All,

After reading a lot of the threads on this board, there is certainly a lot of angst with the future of TM and their relocation under new management. Well, I have some insight.

On July 15 I made the foolish mistake of driving through dusk in order to make it to a friend's house near Flathead Lake in Montana. Just as the sun was about to set I rounded a corner and in my lane was an 800# bull elk....full rack and all. Huge. We collided in the driver's corner and he went all the way down the side of my Tacoma and opened up the top corner of my 2008 2720. I thought it was over for my camper.

I called the factory and spoke with Cleo, who put me in touch with Bob. In 2 days I had an estimate for repairs (based on my photos) and I dropped off our TM in Nebraska a week later.

Fast forward a month.... I picked up my trailer yesterday. It was repaired very close to factory specs. They even reconstructed the top shelf unit which uses "wood" that is different than they use today. That was obliterated in the accident too.

I still have some clean up items to finish myself, but it looks to me like the big and most important things are repaired. Time will tell, but I think I'm ok!

Bob, Sonya, and Cleo worked hard to get me back to normal. They responded by phone, and are friendly and caring in person too. The factory had multiple units outside, with others (at least 5) in line for construction. The facility is huge and looks very professional. Finding skilled labor to do the job will always be a challenge, especially because our beloved trailers are not easy to manufacture. I wish them all the best and am very hopeful that things can turn around quickly as TM is still the best idea on the market. Recent camper shopping trips reminded me that in a hurry.
rtgetchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Congrats to you.

I hope this continues to occur.
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #3
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Nice to hear a good story, always hoping for the best. Glad you had success,a moose huh, wow......

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
bheisser

good to hear,,, i have had my trailmanor for one camping season and love it,,looking forward to many more
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Am glad for you that you were successful in getting your TM repaired...am sad for the moose...I assume he didn't survive the encounter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:45 PM   #6
br2_wdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgetchell View Post
Bob, Sonya, and Cleo worked hard to get me back to normal. They responded by phone, and are friendly and caring in person too. The factory had multiple units outside, with others (at least 5) in line for construction. The facility is huge and looks very professional. Finding skilled labor to do the job will always be a challenge, especially because our beloved trailers are not easy to manufacture. I wish them all the best and am very hopeful that things can turn around quickly as TM is still the best idea on the market. Recent camper shopping trips reminded me that in a hurry.
Very good news and the 1st positive report I've heard from the factory in many, many months ... I hope this continues and they are able to manufacture some brand new fully functioning 2017 TM's!
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
davlin
TrailManor Master

It's very refreshing to hear a good news story about TM! I hope this happens more and more. I'm so glad that you are OK! That must have been very scary.
2013 F150 w/5.0 V8
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #8
jquarles

Thanks for the positive post. I am one of the angst guys....at first. I just posted a reply to my original angst with reply saying that Sonya and the team are coming through for me. I still have to worry on whether or not my wallet can handle the items needed for my old trailer, but the new team are pulling through for me. Thanks for starting this new and positive thread.

John
Denver, CO
jquarles is offline   Reply With Quote