TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
TrailGuy77

Question 3023 TW and Size Of WDH Spring Bars

Hi All,

Lately, there has been alot of talk about WDH setups.I have been following these threads and have started to wonder if mine is setup right.

I have a 2010 3023 w/ electric tongue jack,dual 6 volt batteries and dual 20 pound propane tanks.I tow it with a 2005 Tundra (see signature below) and I am running 1000 LB max. tongue weight Eaz-Lift round spring bars.

This setup has not caused any failures to date.The TM tires are wearing pretty well and the truck and trailer sit pretty level when hooked up and loaded.The ride quality seems OK on normal roads with some irregularities.However,I do notice a harsh banging sound coming from the trailer when going over SPEED BUMPS at a slow speed.Could this be caused by too heavy of a WDH? Would I benefit by downsizing to 750 LB spring bars?Will lighter bars flex more creating a better ride and better WDH performance?

I do not know my actual TM tongue weight.The dry tongue weight is supposedly 409 pounds.It seems very heavy as my trucks rear springs are just shy of 2" from being on the bump stops while connected without the WDH and no cargo in the bed.So, a WDH is a MUST on my truck.

Any and all input will be appreciated!