TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
jcoiler

Default Elkmont 24 bunkhouse where are all the holes?

We keep waking up with more flys after spending an hour each night killing em all. We keep no food in the camper only thing we leave is our basic dishes.
I have screen material over the vents for the refrigerator we have removed the microwave as we don't use it. I put the camper on ramps and rolled under with expanding foam to all the gas and electrical. and i cut screen covers for the vent handles. I didn't have this problem with my popup or my big camper with a slide.

Please tell me what I have missed.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 08-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
brulaz

The expanded foam thing is what I did too. Ours is not a bunkhouse, but there was a gap between the rear wall and the floor and gaps around the cabinetry enclosing the frig.

And the screens on the roof vents may not be perfectly tight?

Other than that ...
Old 08-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

If the flies are already inside, they may be breeding somewhere inside the camper. If you can't reach any success, I would slosh some bleach down the kitchen sink and bathroom sink just on the off-chance that it will reach the breeders before it runs out. Then take out all the linens, food, and so forth, open all the cabinet doors, and then put a fogger bomb or fumigator bomb on the floor of the kitchen and close it up tight. The gas will permeate almost everywhere and kill whatever is there.

Several foggers and fumigators are readily available, easy to use, and reasonably effective. Consider the ones from Raid, at WalMart, Home Depot, etc.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
jcoiler

If I wasn't camping tomorrow I would bomb it, will do that when we get back. Found 1/2 inch gap around the wheel wells going to caulk em with silicone and I will check the roof vents and the floor wall. Ill have to pull the electrical panel to get at a section of the wheel well. Just from looking from the inside there is light coming in around the water heater also. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Redhawk

I had flies coming out of the thetford in our 2619 when I first got it. I pulled the top and cleaned it with no more issues, Nuff said!! It was horrible!

It would be hard to imagine having that problem in the Elk. Good Luck!