TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
pbuck1

Not sure what you're asking for as to help importing into Canada, but here's a link which seems to have pretty much all the info you need:
http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html
It doesn't seem too difficult. I assume you would intend to buy one in the US and then tow it yourself back across the border. In addition to the normal documentation anyone should get when they buy, you may need a letter from Trailmanor for the recall requirement and another letter from them if the product label on the vehicle is is illegible (it is on mine). Trailmanor is a great company and I'm sure they would be very obliging. Then there is a Canadian federal inspection required once you get to Canada (any Canada Tire does these apparently) and before registering locally.

To assist those who have a TM for sale, it would help if you could say where you are in Canada, how far you are willing to travel, and post in the TM wanted section of this forum.

Hope this helps

-Paul
Old 10-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
cwlack

Default Any Canadians buying TM in the US and bringing back to Canada

We are looking for any problems that any TM owners might have had with purchasing their TM in the US and then bringing it back over via Canada Customs. Was there a problem with certification to Canadian Standards?

Any information or past experiences would really be helpful, thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
daneco

Default importing TM into Canada

We just did that last friday, so the info is current. There was no problem as long as you have all the required paperwork, ie bill of sale, registration from US, etc. There are fees involved plus duty to be paid and it took about 30 minutes....they didn't even want to look inside the trailer! This was done at the Ivy Lee crossing near Gananoque. One thing that was asked was did we have it at US customs for 72 hours before so the US officials could check to see if the trailer was stolen or whatever they would look for....we hadn't and they said we could return it and then wait, but we opted for not doing it, though they said it could be a problem re-entering the US, emphasis on could.
We also imported another trailer through the Vancouver area in February and the inspection etc was much more detailed and thorough.
We would be glad to answer any more questions you might have......D&N
Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
alpha3

Default importing a TM to Canada

I checked the Registrar of imported vehicles and a trailmanor does not appear in the list. Is it possible to import it even though it does not appear on the list of admissible vehicles. ?

thanks Rob
Old 02-26-2008, 05:30 AM   #5
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I have seen this subject on TMO before. I will look for a few links for you.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:40 AM   #6
lookingintoit

I am also thinking about doing this I live in Brantford Ontario , where would the nearest dealer be
Old 04-15-2008, 08:55 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

According to the dealer list that is found in the Trail Manor Reference Library on this board (aka TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else), there is a dealer in Quebec. This may not directly help you, but it indicates that there is no problem with TMs in Canada.

For some reason, this list (which is admittedly out of date) doesn't show any dealers in New York, but it does show a dealer in Cleveland. You could spend some time doing a zip code search on the TrailManor web site, or just call the factory. I did a quick dealer search on 14201 (Buffalo), and it said the nearest dealer was Painesville, OH, about 30 miles east of Cleveland. You could tailor the search to your preferred location.

With the strong Canadian dollar these days, you ought to do very well.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #8
roned2

Smile Ontario dealership

We just brought our trailer home yesterday from the US. No problems as has been previously stated. Just waiting for form two from RIV and to get the inspection done at Canadian Tire. We picked our trailer up from Mentor RV in Ohio. Really enjoyed working with the dealership as they had all the paperwork we would need at the border. I found out that there is a new dealership opening in Burlington, Ontario RustonRV.com Their web page states that they will be carrying the Trailmanor soon. Good luck! It will be interesting to see how the Canadian prices compare.
roned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #9
Factor

Default Importing into Canada

I purchased our Tm and Hi-Lo in Wisconsin and brought them through customs. We paid G.S.T. and a fee for a permit to have it inspected in Canada, About 3 weeks later we got the info and took them to Canadian Tire where they were inspected, no problems. After this inspection, we took the info to the Ontario License Bureau, paid the P.S.T. and got the plates. We saved a substantial amount buying in the U.S. and it has gotten even better now with the dollar at par or above.
John
Former 3023 owner
Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
ColdFlame

Has anyone received a recall release form from Trailmanor to bring it across to Canada? If you didn't did you need it? If you did how did you get it? Do they require an original or can it be a faxed or email then printed copy? I pick up our trailer in 5 days so I really need to find out. Thank you!