TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
bheisser

Default trailmanor web page

it is coming together pretty nice check it out http://www.trailmanor.com/ video, layouts etc
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

So glad to see that! I hadn't seen the new 2518 model before. There are still some of the older 2518 models around, I saw one for sale in southern CA on Craigslist last summer.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:50 PM   #3
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

This is a good sign. I wonder how the 2518 is different from the 2417. Did they actually make it slightly larger?

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:28 AM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

The new 2518 is 4" longer than the 2417. This was done so as to be able to have the same size slide unit in all trailers. Previously, the 2417 slides were 4" shorter than all other models. Makes sense to streamline parts and build processes!

Chassis had to be stretched 4", also, in case anyone is wondering. So, not much difference in length, but more uniform parts.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 AM   #5
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bheisser View Post
it is coming together pretty nice check it out http://www.trailmanor.com/ video, layouts etc
I poked around a bit, on hearing this news, and I must confess I am a little confused as to why it has taken so long to produce so little. I am not trying to be negative (though my wife says I am -all the time), but the website (as it sits today) is not terribly complex. I would be a bit upset with my web developer if that is all he/she produced in this amount of time.

Did they loose the old site and have to go to the way back machine (or some other archives) to piece it back together. Is the developer doing them a favor (and thus not prioritizing the completion of the site)? What gives?

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #6
bheisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo628 View Post
I poked around a bit, on hearing this news, and I must confess I am a little confused as to why it has taken so long to produce so little. I am not trying to be negative (though my wife says I am -all the time), but the website (as it sits today) is not terribly complex. I would be a bit upset with my web developer if that is all he/she produced in this amount of time.

Did they loose the old site and have to go to the way back machine (or some other archives) to piece it back together. Is the developer doing them a favor (and thus not prioritizing the completion of the site)? What gives?
on facebook they said it was hacked,,,if the hosting provider or the developer didn't have sufficient backups it may very well be a start from scratch,,, and if it was not planned then it may of taken time to get a web developer to plan, setup etc
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:10 AM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo628 View Post
... I am a little confused as to why it has taken so long to produce so little. I am not trying to be negative (though my wife says I am -all the time), but the website (as it sits today) is not terribly complex. I would be a bit upset with my web developer if that is all he/she produced in this amount of time. ...What gives?
You have to remember that they have very few front-office employees. I counted four when I was there last spring, including Bob, Cleo, the justly-famed Sonja, and a sweet lady whose name I did not catch - my apologies to her. These folks are keeping the whole thing afloat, and there may not be time in their day to deal with everything - such as a daily or weekly meeting with web site designers. Remember, not only do the TM people have to supply the fodder to the web site designers (the designers have the easy task), but they have to co-ordinate with suppliers, oversee production, work with the dealers, handle parts orders, greet and deal with visitors, juggle all the complexities of scheduling everything, all while handling mundane things like payroll, taxes, and so forth. Nobody ever said small business was easy business.

Latest reports here on TMO say that things are improving, though slowly - just what you would expect and hope for in an organization that is recovering from trauma but still running on a shoestring.

Just my thoughts - I have no special insight. (Wish I did!)

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:49 AM   #8
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

To have an operating website, would imply you can order parts, order service, dealer program, speak to someone, etc.

To not have an operating website, implies non of the above.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #9
aslag54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
and a sweet lady whose name I did not catch - my apologies to her.

Bill
This must be Linda, very nice lady who usually answers the business office number, I've talked to her many times since my relationship with Trailmanor began.
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:49 AM   #10
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
You have to remember that they have very few front-office employees. I counted four when I was there last spring, including Bob, Cleo, the justly-famed Sonja, and a sweet lady whose name I did not catch - my apologies to her. These folks are keeping the whole thing afloat, and there may not be time in their day to deal with everything - such as a daily or weekly meeting with web site designers. Remember, not only do the TM people have to supply the fodder to the web site designers (the designers have the easy task), but they have to co-ordinate with suppliers, oversee production, work with the dealers, handle parts orders, greet and deal with visitors, juggle all the complexities of scheduling everything, all while handling mundane things like payroll, taxes, and so forth. Nobody ever said small business was easy business.

Latest reports here on TMO say that things are improving, though slowly - just what you would expect and hope for in an organization that is recovering from trauma but still running on a shoestring.

Just my thoughts - I have no special insight. (Wish I did!)

Bill
Thanks Bill. I originally thought they lost control of the old site (hosting provider account, etc). But it sounds like that is not the case. I will choose to be optimistic that, while slow in progressing, the fact that it is progressing is signs that thing are improving....

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote