TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Wall hanger brackets changed?

I just ordered a bunch of small parts from TM, and Adam was very prompt about getting them out to me. One of the things I ordered was two sets of cabinet hanger brackets, as are used on the over-the-sink cabinet. What I got is shown in the attached pic. This isn't quite what I was expecting - I don't think it is what is on the back of my hanging cabinet, but my TM is closed up and in storage at the moment, so I can't check. I was expecting the piece on the left, but I thought the mating piece was a single piece, with a wider tongue, rather than the two little hooks. Can someone confirm (or deny) that the hanger has been changed? Thanks.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hanger brackets (Small).JPG
Views:	163
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	3530  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
mgoblue911

Default Hanger Brackets

Hi Bill,

These are exactly the same as the brackets on the back of both of my hanging cabinets that came with my 2007 3023. Never had a problem with them.

Can't speak for older models...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
rumbleweed

Same here. They are the same as on my three hanging items and no issues as well. I am planning on ordering another set to add a TV wall mount. Attach to standard TV wall mount so it will attach quickly to wall with only the small bracket there when not in place.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
AZTRLBLZR

Default Wall Hanger Brackets

The brackets on my 2006 TM are the same as what you described as long with wide tongue. They must have changed in the 2007's. Picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	3531  
Old 05-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
Scott O

Ours are what you pictured. Suspect the narrower tongue makes it easier to hit the bracket. Hanging weight is no issue as they are very strong. They have worked just fine without any issues.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Same ones are on our cabinets & they seem to work fine even with weight in cabinets.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Factory sent me the same bracket set that you've pictured. At the time, I also recall them being somewhat different than the OEM hangers they used on the 'over the sink' cabinet. I used the new ones for an 'over the stove' cabinet I made, and they seem to work like the original type.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
Al-n-Sue

Default I have both...

My 2003 has the wider hanger on the over-the-sink cabinet, but I had the dealer add the over the stove cabinet when I bought it a year ago - it has the brackets you show. It is easier to hit the bracket with the new ones than the old ones!

Did you get screws with these? Or are you going to use the ones noted in another fpost - used for car roof mounts? Or something else?

Alan
Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #9
Roy in Texas

Bill,

My 2008 2720 has the ones in your picture. The small hook is easy to hang on the wall bracket, but in only has a single screw -- that allows the hook to rotate if it is not tight. I have to ensure that the hook is aligned in the proper position before trying to hang the cabinet. I don't always remenber to do check it. Also, tightening the screw does not seem to help for very long.

Roy
08 2720 (swing hitch, bike receiver)
15 RAM 1500 4x4 with 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6
RAM Integrated Brake Controller
Blue Ox Weight Distributing Hitch
Roy in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Thanks for all the replies. I'm grateful for the quick respnse.

Oh ho! Does that mean that the new installation uses only one of little hooks on each side of the cabinet? I had assumed it uses two, spaced a bit apart. Using only a single hook would indeed make it easier to hit the target.

AZTRLBLZR, thanks for the photo. That is exactly what I was expecting to receive, and was confused about. I agree that the change must have occurred late in the 2006 model year, or early in the 2007. Adam quickly confirmed that "this is the way it is done now". I've enjoyed my contact with Adam, as I have always enjoyed dealing with TM people.

By the way, I have no objection to the little hooks. In fact, I don't even have a specific project in mind for these hangers. They will just go into my goody box, ready for my next (ha!) inspiration!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote