TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
TravlinOn

Default Serendipitous Screen for the Door

In the archives, there are several posts about a TM owner, a few years back, who made well-engineered and put-together screens for TM doors. That owner no longer produces those screens, and it seems that they are rarely found for sale anywhere.

I think I now have one. Quite unexpectedly, the previous owner of my TM called me to say that he is moving and in the process ran across a screen for the door of the TM, and I could have it if I wanted. The owner before him lived in Oregon and fell into bad health shortly after making his purchase but apparently traveled enough to have an opportunity to make the purchase.

I feel like I just found a Renoir by the curb! Serendipitous, for sure! Can hardly wait for trip destinations (outside of FL) where the almost ever-present heat and humidity make AC essential!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Canadiangirl

can you post a photo of the screen.. we were just wishing we had one on the weekend !
Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
TravlinOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiangirl View Post
can you post a photo of the screen.. we were just wishing we had one on the weekend !
In several of the archived posts about this particular screen, there is, as I understand it, an expressed desire by those who personally knew the screen's designer and his family and who hope that all who have the screen will help protect the design copyrights for the family should they desire to go into production.

Perhaps, I am wrong and someone who has been here longer than I have will feel free to post a picture or detailed description?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
ThePair
TrailManor Master

There are photos on these boards already, one with a storage idea under the rear bedspace. Here: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...52&postcount=2
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
TravlinOn

I had not seen those storage pictures and think that is a great mod idea for my "to do" list!

Thanks for adding the response.