TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #131
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Cindy -

I certainly agree about the low sink being a backbreaker. So does TM, by the way - new models have raised it. A couple years ago, I threatened to raise the sink in my TM, and I wish I had done it. But the folding faucet was so expensive ...

Washing dishes? My method is to put two inches of hot soapy water in the sink, wash each dish, and set it in a dish drainer on the countertop. Then, when all are washed, I drain the soapy water from the sink, set the dish drainer in the sink, and spray-rinse them all. A swivel aerator like this makes it easy.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...h-swivel/44357

As for showers? Yes, you do need a Navy shower. And you do need to turn on both sources of heat, as RVCycleGuy noted. But my wife and I can shower right behind each other, including her hair! It heats water as fast as we can use it.

It's all in the technique. A little experimentation will have you happy in no time!

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycreekmore View Post
The sink being so low. I work 10 hours a day and the last thing I want to do is bend over the sink to do dishes!

Six gallon hot water heater.......barely enough hot water to do dishes used by 2 people, even with turning the water off between wash and rinse.......makes it IMPOSSIBLE to shower!

that's it, that's all I got...........
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #132
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Next season I plan to install an on demand hot water heater to hopefully address the hot water problem at least when at a camp ground. Will let you know.
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #133
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

The sink being low, the DW thinks it is fine. I would like it higher, but I never thought about it until I read about the low sink on this form. It's much higher than our 2 popup's but lower than our 2 TT's

I don't see an issue with the shower water. All our campers since the 80's have had the same limited shower capability for hot water. The TM is a big plus with both elec and propane, it's is much faster recovery. We turn on both elec and propane for faster recovery.

Most our camping is only with elec hook up's. We take navy showers not only because of the RV water heater, but because, I do not like to haul water to refill the tank and hate draining the gray water tank except at the dump. We are use to these showers after 30+ years of camping and accept it's as just part of camping. If the CG has nice shower we use them.

If we have nice showers at a campground we use less then 5 gallons of water a day and that includes washing dishes twice a day with no paper plates, but I do fill the pot from a jug. It's not until early day 5 that I need to haul water for my 20 gal tank.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #134
DoubleT

Default what is wrong with trailmanor?

We have a 2619,( that we are selling) and went with a 2720. My apologies for not reading every post for their opinion, I am sure I will have repeat statements.
1. I am also 5'2''. We have found that if the trailmanor has not been adjusted it can take more energy opening. We were having a little difficulty opening it and took it to the factory and they adjusted the side bars. It has been easy ever since. One person suggested when opening the sides each person stand on each end and pull at the same time, very easy. If you are not parked on an even surface it will take more energy. We are 58 and 59. My husband is 5'11 has a bad knee, does not lift weights and is able open it himself without any problems.
2. I would suggest you really look into the floor plan that you might be comfortable with. If you get the two bed floor plan you will have to climb up on the second bed to put the vinyl flaps down.
3. Raising the bathroom can be done with one person. I would suggest you begin with both at first, one holding the wall while the other pulls the one side open.
4. We have a recirculating toilet, live in Texas, use the toilet for all our needs and have not had any problems with the smell. We changed to a product called "happy camper". It is based out of California.
5. In time the ceiling might get marks on it from opening and closing the unit. A dry erase sponge takes care of them.
Good luck!
TV 2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4.6 V-8 w/Tow Pkg
Air Bags, Swing Hitch
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #135
Wingedryder

Boy, how we'd like to LOVE this new TM! We're enamored with the lighter towing wt. & less wind resistance on the hwy, the 15" wheels, and its various amenities such as A/C, and electro start refrig propane pilot light (though not as thrilled with the electra-magic recirculating toilet). I've added an electric tongue jack and done the plumbing conversion to be able to fill the fresh water tank w/o having to lift the shells, other than an LED light upgrade.

However, we've had our share of new product "bugs", such as: 1) non-functioning brakes on one wheel taking 2 trips to the dealer to properly diagnose, and then 5+ weeks to correct over an 11 month period; 2) a spit axle bushing I still don't know the ramifications of - dealer says none(?), 4) damage to the wheel's outer wheel cover center cap (allowing easy-lube of bearings w/o removing wheel) caused by the bearing dust cap not being fully seated after in for dealer service that bent up the dust cap and broke the outer decorative wheel 'center cap' off, required 45 minutes on the side of the road to straighten and re-fit just the dust cap (btw, factory merely refers me to the axle company who don't supply the outer wheel); 4) a new electric tongue jack rendered unusable after the dealer's service; and 5) a leak from the fill inlet on top of the fresh water tank that I've painstakenly caulked & taped the hose connection up with using 'Extreme' marine tape - hopefully that will work - will see next spring as the unit is in storage now.

- This is on a 2013 2720 TM purchased brand new off the dealer's lot just one year ago. We've treated this camper as if it were our first born (certainly similar in cost, I might add), but have also had more than a few missing screws, loose trim and hardware to replace (one piece of trim over the sleeping compartment remains secured by masking tape that the dealer assures me is normal(?), and we've hardly been anywhere camping yet (4 short trips this summer).

For what it's worth, we like many things about this unit for our needs & size tow vehicle, and realize that a 'house on wheels' is always subject to some routine maintenance, as was our former trailer, however, at this point we're genuinely disappointed in the quality control of the factory & the dealer's servicing abilities. But, ever so thankful for this Owner's Forum!
Wingedryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #136
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingedryder View Post
[snip] We've treated this camper as if it were our first born (certainly similar in cost, I might add), but have also had more than a few missing screws, loose trim and hardware to replace (one piece of trim over the sleeping compartment remains secured by masking tape that the dealer assures me is normal(?), and we've hardly been anywhere camping yet (4 short trips this summer).
No, nothing should ever be held in place using duct tape or masking tape - no, it is not normal. The fact that your dealer would say this gives you some calibration on using him for anything in the future.

Question - did you have the wheels balanced? You would think that the factory or the dealer would do this before delivery, but it seems not to be true. Unbalanced wheels are a major cause of things shaking apart on any RV, including a TM. If you have not done it, take it to a tire shop and request that they balance all 3 wheels. And when they say "We never balance trailer tires!", remind them that you are paying and you want it done. Ot take it somewhere else.

Bill
Old 10-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #137
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Yes, the Goodyear place in Ithaca where I replaced my flat tire was a little nonplussed when I asked them to balance it - "Really?" - but they cheerfully accepted my money to do so.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #138
Padgett
TrailManor Master

When I bought my tires and wheels at a local chain they balanced them as a matter of course. One took quite a bit of weight.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #139
Laura FM

We have a 2417, and have had it for about 1.5 years. We love it. I think the only thing we hate about it is the curtains. Those tabs pop out of position if you look at them funny.

Not wild that the bed cannot have a foam topper that can stay in place, and still close, but we were able to find some ones at costco that can be easily dragged off and rolled up.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #140
Bill
Site Team

How thick is the foam topper that you are trying to use? We use a 1 inch egg crate that works fine. The quilt on top of it, however, is a no-no.

Bill