TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > Guest Area > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 05-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Pele2048 Pele2048 is offline
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
This is awesome! And I think completely doable by me on mine. Please post photos of the angle stock aluminum, etc once you start that process. I'm a visual person. :-)

Will do.

Also, while on the phone ordering my 30 ft roll of center trim yesterday, I asked if they could get pics of a TrailManor under construction or perhaps some design sketches... They are the factory, after all.

They said they'll see what they can get me.

And on a final note, I was up on the roof last night getting the leaves and acorns out from the A/C unit and from under the roof vents. I left my jack and 2x4 support post in the trailer last night.

We ended up getting a fairly strong thunderstorm.

Dry as a bone inside this morning, no evidence of dripping anywhere. Roof slope correction solved my leakage issues.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-19-2017, 08:16 AM
HoMiPa's Avatar
HoMiPa HoMiPa is offline
2005 Trailmanor 3023
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: White Mountains of New Hampshire
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele2048 View Post
Will do.
Thank you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele2048 View Post
I asked if they could get pics of a TrailManor under construction or perhaps some design sketches... They are the factory, after all.
Unfortunately, how they build them now, is not necessarily how they were built before. There have been changes over the years, so not sure current photos/sketches will be the same as what you, or I, have in our trailers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele2048 View Post
Dry as a bone inside this morning, no evidence of dripping anywhere. Roof slope correction solved my leakage issues.
That's good news! I think this is a project I will need to attempt sometime this summer. Again, although my dip isn't as deep as yours, I'm always very aware of how it is parked in reference to the prevailing wind, and lower the back end slightly 'just in case'. It would be nice if I wouldn't have to worry about that quite so much. I need to replace the bag seals anyway - mice did a job at one corner two winters ago. But will wait until after I attempt to fix the roof slope.
__________________
Holly
2005 Trailmanor 3023
2016 Ford Expedition Limited w/ Eaz-Lift WDH
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-25-2017, 08:40 AM
HoMiPa's Avatar
HoMiPa HoMiPa is offline
2005 Trailmanor 3023
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: White Mountains of New Hampshire
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele2048 View Post
Will do.

And on a final note, I was up on the roof last night getting the leaves and acorns out from the A/C unit and from under the roof vents. I left my jack and 2x4 support post in the trailer last night.

We ended up getting a fairly strong thunderstorm.

Dry as a bone inside this morning, no evidence of dripping anywhere. Roof slope correction solved my leakage issues.
I am curious to know if you were able to permanently correct the roof slope by adding a piece of angle iron, like you originally intended, and if you have any more instructions/photos on what you did once you removed the jack?

Thanks!
__________________
Holly
2005 Trailmanor 3023
2016 Ford Expedition Limited w/ Eaz-Lift WDH
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Pele2048 Pele2048 is offline
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
I am curious to know if you were able to permanently correct the roof slope by adding a piece of angle iron, like you originally intended, and if you have any more instructions/photos on what you did once you removed the jack?

Thanks!
I was able to get the roof slope corrected. I saw you had the same type of bend when I looked at your remodeling photos. (Good job BTW!)

I have the TrailManor folded down and tarped because I have quite a bit of work to do on the roof with regards to caulking. As it turns out, I have roof leaks because the eternabond tape was not put on a clean surface.

Under and on top of the eternabond tape is some sort of spray-on substance. It's almost like a foam of some sort, but not like the expanding foam; it's dried flat. Unfortunately, it was put on the top of the shells without any prep work what so ever... There's pine needles and seeds and leaves stuck in it.

I've got a gallon of denatured alcohol to work with so that I can get all the foam residue along with the eternabond residue off.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-27-2017, 10:56 PM
BrucePerens BrucePerens is offline
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 631
Default

Has your roof slope remained corrected after you took the jack away?
__________________
Bruce Perens K6BP - 2004 TM 3023, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
My Trailmanor Customizations
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-29-2017, 04:56 PM
Pele2048 Pele2048 is offline
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePerens View Post
Has your roof slope remained corrected after you took the jack away?
It's reduced.

I don't think it'll ever be totally gone without replacing both shells, which obviously ain't happening.

So long as water stays out, I'm good.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
prospective owner with roof questions cybervanner Prospective Owner Questions 7 02-16-2007 07:29 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2011 Trailmanor Owners Page.